Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Little 1/4 fun in MY PUP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the car out to Atlanta Dragway this after. Had roughly a 85% charge at the start of the evening. Weather was overcast with temps starting around 90 dropping to mid 70s. DA was 2868 according to the Dragy. All of the runs were in a few hundredths of each other so the car is consistent. Below is a slip for the first run and the Dragy from the middle of the runs.

E3AE9ED5-2A6F-401D-AFFD-F2468F5FD7FB.png

3A8BCCD6-523B-4CC4-B7BE-04B2BE90DA51.jpeg

I think that's a good choice. The stock Uberturbine wheel/tire package weighs in at 64.8 lbs front and 68.6 lbs rear. With Michelin Sport A/S 3+ tires (for example) on 20" Falcons, the weight of the wheel/tire package drops to 48.2 lbs, shaving off about 16 - 20 lbs each. That's a significant drop in unsprung weight. And I think the 20s look better than the 19s in MY's larger wheel wells. I swapped my Uberturbines for TSportline's 20" TSS Flow Forged wheels, ~ 5 lbs heavier than the Falcons but still much lighter than the Uberturbines. Very happy with them.

Nice run! Glad to see a real world example of a 1/4 mile in the 11's. Interestingly, that 60ft time is surprisingly slow for an awd instant torque monster. I've noticed that on mine as well from a stop. It goes like crazy when stepping on it from 10mph on but from a standstill, it's definitely being held back. I'm sure on purpose to save the tires and axles but I'm betting it has more in it and could be faster with a software update.

Reactions: AKTech.it
Nice run! Glad to see a real world example of a 1/4 mile in the 11's. Interestingly, that 60ft time is surprisingly slow for an awd instant torque monster. I've noticed that on mine as well from a stop. It goes like crazy when stepping on it from 10mph on but from a standstill, it's definitely being held back. I'm sure on purpose to save the tires and axles but I'm betting it has more in it and could be faster with a software update.

I agree it's not as quick off the line as I would expect but it also is rather slow on the top end only being able to do 114mph.

Odd but it almost the exact times as I get on my Model 3 AWD w/Performance Boost.

View attachment 558790 View attachment 558791

Not very odd.. the m3 is light and more aerodynamic. The boost adds a huge difference so I expect a MYP to be neck to neck with an m3 with the boost. Remember the MYP is a crossover SUV plus who knows if Tesla will add some more initial torque with some software updates. They are def holding back. The m3 has been our long enough to have several software updates so I’m interested to see how the future plays out.

From what I've seen, a M3P and M3 with the acceleration boost aren't neck and neck. The M3P gets quite a jump off the line. The M3P 980 rear motor is more powerful than the M3 AWD 990 motor.

From what I've seen, a M3P and M3 with the acceleration boost aren't neck and neck. The M3P gets quite a jump off the line. The M3P 980 rear motor is more powerful than the M3 AWD 990 motor.

Im saying MYP and M3 boost are neck to neck, at least for now. I am certain tesla will tweak the software in the future for the MYP and release a optional boost for the MY LR

I find this is so hilarious. These guys in Mustangs and Zs ("slow stuff") are essentially try to race against something that puts down exotic supercar numbers that typically cost multiple $100,000. It's not a one trick pony and they'd probably get smoked on the track as well.

I lined up against a couple mustangs and a newer Nissan Z car. It was random slow stuff.

I find this is so hilarious. These guys in Mustangs and Zs ("slow stuff") are essentially try to race against something that puts down exotic supercar numbers that typically cost multiple $100,000. It's not a one trick pony and they'd probably get smoked on the track as well.

I enjoy that aspect of owning a Tesla. I'm very big car guy and I see the huge potential in electric cars.