Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lloyds Mats - Anchors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought some Lloyd's Luxe mats and love them. Looking at the anchor install item in the picture - is this a standard anchor to add to cars that don't have them to begin with? I mean, the "screw" part of it is huge and feels like it would make the mat stick way up weirdly. I also don't quite understand how it's going to hold itself in place - seems like once you get the anchor in place, it will still move around of come out of the hole. Very confused.

The mats without the anchors so far have held in place better than the Tesla mats with the sticky backs.

Attachments

• IMG_5912.jpg
    IMG_5912.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 62
I too purchased Lloyd's Luxe mats, and realized that the anchors don't work well with our cars. I ended up coming up with a better solution after looking back on the OEM mats: velcro. Picked up industrial strength and stuck it where the OEM velcro belongs. Haven't moved an inch so far. I have yet to "permanently" adhere the velcro to the mats with some stronger adhesive than what it comes with, but eventually I probably will.

Another side benefit of this solution, is that after I realized I didn't need to use the holes that Lloyd's put into the mats, I removed the metal o-rings in each hole, brushed over the matting, and now I don't see the ugly holes anymore.

Just like the Weathertech, you have to screw the anchor down as you mentioned.

It will flush itself, once it's down into the OEM carpet liner.

I've yet to do this, as I too went with a thicker pile, replacing the OEM Weathertech my car came with. It's just a matter of sliding the carpet backwards every couple of drives.