Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner has GPS issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a 2013 P85 loaner for the past week or so and I've noticed something odd happening several times a day with the GPS location of the car displayed on the map. For some reason the car thinks it is to the southwest of where it actually is. The arrow on the screen just flies through lakes, roads, whatever. You would think it would at least "snap" to adjacent roads but it doesn't. I've attached a photo I took showing what's happening. Has anyone ever ran into this issue before? Is it a 8.0 bug or do you think it's something that might be wrong with the car and that I should mention it to Tesla when I return the loaner.

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 69
Mention it to Tesla and let me know what they say. ;)

Mine's been doing this reliably since I upgraded to 8.0. The car seems to have no idea whatsoever where it is or how it's moving when I pull out of my garage. The arrow turns right when I go left, reverse when forward, and all other manner of weirdness. After driving a bit, it ultimately settles into a spot that's close, but not exactly, where I happen to be driving. Sometimes if you keep driving it'll eventually end up being correct, and sometimes it'll stay wrong for up to 30 miles (the longest I've driven with it broken).

If you need it, you can reboot the center display to make it start working again. I have to reboot mine every other morning or so since 8.0 arrived.