Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Local Installer - Received Pending Lien notices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I just had Solar installed on my home in NH from a company in MA.

I paid 50% up front.

Couple days before install I get this certified letter of Pending Lien based on delivering the panels if they are not paid for. Not from the installer. But from the company delivering the panels.

I only paid them the 50% just a few days before the install.

Now it’s installed. And I received two more certified letters of pending lien.

Installer wants the balance now.

The 50% already paid is WAY more than the delivery of panels.

Also the installer brought the panels with them on last day of install. I kind of expected some 3rd party to delivery them at my home and they were threatening lien if not paid.

Is this common? Is it because I’m out of state?

I just built the home with tons of much higher price tags and some paid before, some split and some paid after and not one notice.

The install went excellent. Top notch and I’m a picky bastard.

Also keep in mind from first down payment to install, to 2nd and 3rd notice was all within a week and half. So it could be all paid and done.

Just feels odd. Notices say this is not a lien. It’s a warning of a lien if not paid.

This is a full purchase install not a lease.

I'd suggest calling your installer and ask about it. They should be able to tell you when/if they paid the invoice, so you can call the invoicing company with the pertinent details. It does sound odd, I wouldn't let it go until you have closure.
I did learn one thing. The USPS screwed up. Legally they are supposed delivery to my home. It’s on a private dirt road. With a dozen houses or so. Anything under 0.5 miles they are suppose to deliver to.

The first certified letter they put in mailbox out on the main public road. I never signed for it. So this solar panel delivery place sent another certified letter and it sat at the post office for 1.5 weeks. No notice in my mailbox it was there either. Didn’t find out until I went to pickup a package they won’t deliver to my house.

USPS says we have two certified letters for you. Ugh.

So it might already be settled.

Finance lady for Solar ignored my response on her request for final payment. Where I attached the lien notice and said I’m not paying balance until I know this is settled.

She never looked at the attachment and responded it’s your balance due.

Then someone else from the solar company asked if I would post a review. lol. I asked that person should mention the pending lien on my property in the review?

Like I said install went flawless. Neat as a pin.

• Funny
Reactions: Matt-FL