Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking doors while still inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disable Auto-Unlock on Park as well.... I did this to increase my security when parked. It will only unlock once I tap the icon, or open an interior door.
If auto unlock is off, you can also unlock by just tapping the button on the right stalk. So, tap once for PARK, tap a second time to unlock. A little slicker than reaching for screen since your hand is right at the stalk already.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
If auto unlock is off, you can also unlock by just tapping the button on the right stalk. So, tap once for PARK, tap a second time to unlock. A little slicker than reaching for screen since your hand is right at the stalk already.

Good to know, but this would put it in Easy Entry mode and turn on interior lights correct? I definitely don't want to do this when just picking up a passenger then going.

So, for everyone's knowledge. We locked the car and put phones in airplane mode with no key card around. If you hit the door release button on the inside of the car, the door opens and the screen turns on when you sit down. You have access to everything.
You can slide a hangar between the rubber and the window, hit the release and your in.
Please someone tell me this is just a defect on my car.

Just trying to understand what you did here. So you never actually got out of the car and armed it with a keycard when car was vacant, correct?

Just trying to understand what you did here. So you never actually got out of the car and armed it with a keycard when car was vacant, correct?
From outside of the car, doors locked, phones in airplane mode and no bluetooth on, key cards inside on nightstand, stick something between the window and weather strip, touch the door release and the door opens. When you sit down in the seat the screen is on and you can open trunk, frunk and glove box.

From outside of the car, doors locked, phones in airplane mode and no bluetooth on, key cards inside on nightstand, stick something between the window and weather strip, touch the door release and the door opens. When you sit down in the seat the screen is on and you can open trunk, frunk and glove box.

Got it, thanks for clarification. I thought the hanger was just a suggestion...didn't realize that's what you actually did to get in. Did the alarm trigger?

My phone only has to be at the rear of the car outside and it locks. Locking a car only keeps an honest person out and if someone uses a wire to unlock the car the alarm will go off as well Apple's watch and phone will notify your alarm has been triggered. With the window down open the door using the button inside through the open window without your phone and the car alarm will go off.

Did the alarm trigger?
That's interesting, I have done the car camping thing where I am inside but used the phone or display to lock the car. If I forget to unlock the car with the phone and try to get out by pressing one of the door buttons the alarm goes off something fierce!

I don't wanna put a coat hanger between the door glass and the chrome, but I could open the window and try to reproduce your scenario and see if the alarm goes off.

If auto unlock is off, you can also unlock by just tapping the button on the right stalk. So, tap once for PARK, tap a second time to unlock.
Or the reverse, when I get home and stop the car, instead of reaching for the stalk, I open the door and that puts the car in park