Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lol my Tesla mobile ranger experience (funny)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know when a mobile ranger “fixes” something but instead makes it worst, then tells you to rebook an appointment with the service center lol. That’s my experience this Friday. And to add insult to injury he checks my tire pressure (doesn’t refill it), I get a low pressure warning of my rear left tire when I drove the car in the evening, and he lost 2 valve stems. (I love <3 those valve stems). I mean what’s the purpose of checking my tire pressure and then I get a low tire pressure warning upon driving after he’s done working on it. Sloppy work. It’s not like he’s had a long day and I’m the last customer. He came to my house at 7:30am. Where are they finding these guys, auto one?

Now steering wheel clicks each time I turn lol omg. Didn’t have that problem before.

I ended up airing out my car with the windows open for close to 18 hrs; god forbid he does all of the above and I get COVID on top of it.

Anyway I can only laugh about this cause things could be worst but anyway just though I’d give you all a chuckle.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: KenC and SlimJim
You mean the valve caps.

If he lost valve stems you would have no air.

E1C5C4E9-EFFE-4A49-97DD-68E8A7FA116C.jpeg

Feels like your thread title may be overcompensating a bit (LOL & funny) for what really isn’t amusing you in the least.

Hard to tell what was the original issue but sounds like it might’ve been steering wheel related. Sorry things got worse and that you’re having to take it in. It is unfortunate that Tesla sometimes half-asses the excellent idea of mobile techs. Rather than just send them out, they should do a better job of soliciting further details from the customer than a character limited field in the app and unmonitored text discussions.

Now, not making any excuses but some people actually start the day groggy and get better after multiple service calls so maybe 7:30 wasn’t his best time.

By the way, were they the OEM caps or ones you bought aftermarket? Assuming aftermarket. If they were on the back wheels, you might check the cameras and see where he could’ve put them.

I know been looking for the caps but no success. The steering would not adjust up or down. Now it’s doesn’t adjust up or down and it’s making the clicking noise. Really annoying because it happens when I turn the wheel more than 20 degrees.

Feels like your thread title may be overcompensating a bit (LOL & funny) for what really isn’t amusing you in the least.

Hard to tell what was the original issue but sounds like it might’ve been steering wheel related. Sorry things got worse and that you’re having to take it in. It is unfortunate that Tesla sometimes half-asses the excellent idea of mobile techs. Rather than just send them out, they should do a better job of soliciting further details from the customer than a character limited field in the app and unmonitored text discussions.

Now, not making any excuses but some people actually start the day groggy and get better after multiple service calls so maybe 7:30 wasn’t his best time.

By the way, were they the OEM caps or ones you bought aftermarket? Assuming aftermarket. If they were on the back wheels, you might check the cameras and see where he could’ve put them.
WOW! Never seen double-blower action before. That's a backpack and a front pack!
Its like a jet blower.

Well i did remote service for a long time, well not on a car but
software. Its not so easy, everyone thinks this guy has every problem
in his head, well most of of do but we all have bad days. One day after
an extended break at a bar the night before, I could not find my ass with
either hand, partner leaves you , partner does not leave you, tax bill comes,
sink leaks, too hot to sleep, too cold to sleep, and if every time you had a bad
day it ended up on a forum, well its not going to be a great outcome.
carry on.

OP, how many lols do you need? Are you 12? :rolleyes:
13 yrs old to be exact.

Jeeez people have their panties up in a bunch, I'm taking the situation in-stride slightly annoyed. I posted just to laugh at the situation. And tesla really needs to step up their customer service/service portion of their organizaiton. People act like I dooxed the guy and put his first and last name, telephone, credit info on here. That would be immoral.

Oh and I work in a high stress environment and we are held to a high standard to manage our feelings at the given moment so its doesn't reflect our work on our patients. Everyone has a bad day is a great excuse for doing marginal work, but you don't let it spill it on to your patients/clients/customers, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZAV8R and Phlier
Well i did remote service for a long time, well not on a car but
software.
See, I've been reading way too many one2many posts. ;)

And now I'm left wondering.... exactly what type of quote software quote did you work on?

I'm gonna need a simple "yes" or "no" answer to the following question: Was it COMPUTER software?

Edit: For those of you wondering why would a guy ask this, just go back and read one2many's post history. I guarantee you'll have an "oh" moment.

See, I've been reading way too many one2many posts. ;)

And now I'm left wondering.... exactly what type of quote software quote did you work on?

I'm gonna need a simple "yes" or "no" answer to the following question: Was it COMPUTER software?

Edit: For those of you wondering why would a guy ask this, just go back and read one2many's post history. I guarantee you'll have an "oh" moment.

I very strange post to ask this. OK after me and Al Gore invented the internet I moved on the rubix cube, next was
DOS, Z80, 256, Intel inside, and linux. The software made you all bend over and look at a smart phone like
you were going on a date. And we know you are not. I still believe in beer travel and am hoping for the 3 beer keg
cooler for the back seat of the 3. Oh I forgot, love EV's, do not ask a question if you do not want the answer.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Gasaraki and Phlier