Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long delay replacing Model 3 Windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry won't help those with more significant damage but I was pleasantly surprised by a £10 DIY windscreen repair kit.

I had a star chip ~35mm size, pretty much central to the whole windscreen, and was nervous about my MOT due in September (and the crack growing).

Only intended the DIY kit to be a temporary stop gap until autoglass found a new windscreen but after the repair it's barely noticeable, I'll keep an eye on it but probably not bother with a new windscreen now!

I used the rain x one from Halfords but I guess they're all similar (seems it's only £5.49 now too).

Did you actually get yours done? I don't think getting an appointment has been an issue for anyone, actually keeping the date and getting the windscreen fitted is another matter.
I've had mine shifted 4 times now and still waiting...
The appointment is Wednesday. The message said that they have the windscreen. I'll post again when it happens (or doesn't happen)

Reactions: Awesome_O
Had my screen smashed on Monday, looks like I’ll have a long wait for my replacement via autoglass, none in stock and its been passed to their order team , Tesla say they have one for the 29th Sep. no luck with Direct line getting them to agree to cover the cost to use Tesla 🙁

Had my screen smashed on Monday, looks like I’ll have a long wait for my replacement via autoglass, none in stock and its been passed to their order team , Tesla say they have one for the 29th Sep. no luck with Direct line getting them to agree to cover the cost to use Tesla 🙁
Since Churchill and Direct Line are the same company, it's worth another try. Churchill agreed to pay for Tesla to replace mine.

Reactions: Turntable666
I did, thank you.
Lovely guys at Tesla Chester even routed the dash cam wires back the way they were. Was done in about 6 hours, so didn’t have to leave the car overnight after all.

Just waiting on LV to refund me now (let’s see how THAT goes) ;)
LV called me today about my claim and have accepted it so I should receive the money back (minus excess) early this week.
Fair play to them, especially when we’re hearing of other insurers stubbornly insisting that Autoglass do the work…

Windscreen fitted. SC said they were doing six today.

No it was pushed back a couple of times, I’m sorry to say…

Had mine replaced on the 26th.

However the 3rd party Tesla Northamption got in dropped the old screen on its way out and damaged the car. Now going back in to get the paintwork repaired.
Those that had theirs fitted, did you get a confirmation from the SC that the windscreen was available prior to the appointment, or did you just turn up for your appointment and everything was ready to go?