TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Long Island L.I.E. Use of HOV/Green Pass Lanes

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by EdisonFire, Oct 21, 2015.

1. EdisonFire

EdisonFire Member

I used the HOV lanes on the LIE Monday. I also used the Syosset supercharger and saw a beautiful MS with an ugly green pass decal on the lower front. It seemed sacrilege! Is that decal a requirement for using HOV/Green Pass lanes or do Nassau & Suffolk police know Tesla's are fine?

2. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I know this is delayed, but yes, NY requires the "clean pass sticker" to let authorities know you car is certified to travel in th HOV lane. They are hideous looking and I would never put them on a Tesla :)

• Love x 1
  3. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Yea, they require you to put 4 decal on 4 different corners on the car. I rather stuck in traffic then put those on. LOL

• Love x 1
  4. wesley888

wesley888 Member

I have an idea... What if we put the sticker on a 3M Clear Bra (that are selling for $10-$20 for a small roll in Amazon). Cut them to size, and stick the 3M Clear Bra onto the car when needed? Is the 3M Clear Bra easy to remove?