Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range, RWD

wingnutsglory

Aug 19, 2019
PNW
There have been a few that have popped up in inventory in the past few months but they haven’t actually been available to order for months. I just took delivery of one of these but it was built in April. I think there was also some mention of an attempt to fill dormant orders last month, but there’s been no indication they’ll start producing them for general sale again.

Your best bet is to have your SA run a check for you regularly if that’s the model you want. Clearly they’ve shown up occasionally in the past month. I’ve seen at least 3 or 4.

OCR1

Jan 28, 2018
Southern California
They are not currently building them. I would not be surprised if they bring them back early next year to stimulate demand once the tax credit is completely phased out. But if you need a car right away I’m not sure I’d wait since it’s anyone’s guess if and when it might happen.

jonquiljo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 26, 2019
SF Bay Area - Marin
They are not currently building them. I would not be surprised if they bring them back early next year to stimulate demand once the tax credit is completely phased out. But if you need a car right away I’m not sure I’d wait since it’s anyone’s guess if and when it might happen.

Yes, Tesla want's the extra profit of the second motor. I can't blame them given the situation. But by all means people should look for them if they want them.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC