Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range, RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen 75kWh and 78kWh. Where there a difference in 2018? I'm hoping to find a sticker somewhere on the battery pack to verify battery size so to determine degradation using this method.

Congratulations. Let us know how you like it. Wonder why they are only in UK and not US. I would have held out if they were available here.
Thanks. I think the WLTP range difference is maybe 11 miles more than dual motor. Can’t wait to try and see. I’ve been driving full EV since 2012 and pretty nerdy around efficiency and stats……..currently driving the ultra efficient Hyundai Ioniq 38.….averaging 6mi/kWh in summer. Hope to get 4.5-5.0 in the Tesla, as I drive mostly like Miss Daisy.

Reactions: Darmie
I'm hoping to find a sticker somewhere on the battery pack to verify battery size so to determine degradation using this method.
This method will work well - it is a great idea to do so on a used vehicle! The starting point is 78kWh, but to resolve questions that may linger:

For the record, the LR RWD has a constant of 234Wh/rmi. The 325rmi range *234Wh/rmi yields 76kWh. This is the degradation threshold (the method will not show in excess of this even for a brand new vehicle!).

Technically, since the car started closer to 78kWh (see above), that would be 333rmi. So that's technically the starting point; just didn't show capacity loss before dropping below 76kWh. That's just how the degradation threshold works (more energy is crammed into the 325rmi until the total energy drops below the threshold of 76kWh).

So anyway, you can just use the method and compare the result to about 78kWh (NOT 76kWh or 325rmi!), to get the % loss.

• Informative
Just ordered a new m3 lr rwd here in the uk, from inventory. Cant wait to see the range. Holding back delivery until 10th Aug, love the RWD feel and the extra range of the lr battery.
Hi Ian! Let me know what projected range you’re getting. I took delivery of a M3 RWD LR today and I’m slightly surprised to see an estimated range of 308 miles at 90% SoC.m especially as Tesla suggest a WLTP of 385 miles

Hi Ian! Let me know what projected range you’re getting. I took delivery of a M3 RWD LR today and I’m slightly surprised to see an estimated range of 308 miles at 90% SoC.m especially as Tesla suggest a WLTP of 385 miles
I'm pretty sure that Tesla only uses WLTP for advertising and the on-screen range display is based upon the USA's EPA test cycle. Based upon experience, the EPA figures equate to the range possible at a steady 60-65mph.

I personally have been looking for a 2018 for about a year now. My Model Y that I traded in for the 2018 was a performance model. The LR RWD Model 3 that I own is no performance but there's more joy to driving than being fast. Being lighter up front I feel the car handles the corning much better than an AWD Tesla. Being just RWD allows the back end to help rotate the car when you accelerate. The computer keeps things all in check so your not going to be spinning out or drifting. If I found out how much fun the LR RWD was sooner, I'd had purchased one new.

Reactions: SalisburySam
I personally have been looking for a 2018 for about a year now. My Model Y that I traded in for the 2018 was a performance model. The LR RWD Model 3 that I own is no performance but there's more joy to driving than being fast. Being lighter up front I feel the car handles the corning much better than an AWD Tesla. Being just RWD allows the back end to help rotate the car when you accelerate. The computer keeps things all in check so your not going to be spinning out or drifting. If I found out how much fun the LR RWD was sooner, I'd had purchased one new.
I did purchase a M3 new in 2018 and totally agree with you…great driving experience even without the front motor or “P” level.

We took Red Racer out on a nice Sunday drive yesterday. I was so impressed on how efficient the vehicle is. On this 100 mile leg, we only used 104 rated miles.
Even heading back on the interstate, (70 +mph) we were still at 87.5% Efficient

1692022820734.png