Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a Model 3 now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm ready to pay 35% over MSRP for the car in stock. Mileage is OK.

I think you could just about get a CPO Model S for that, since at present the only Model 3 out are long-range plus extras. But I'd be surprised if anyone who has a Model 3 now would sell it for such a small mark-up. And I think I read that employees (the only ones with them so far) are contractually forbidden from selling their cars over MSRP.

Buy a used Leaf instead to tide you over until you can get a 3.

I think you could just about get a CPO Model S for that, since at present the only Model 3 out are long-range plus extras. But I'd be surprised if anyone who has a Model 3 now would sell it for such a small mark-up. And I think I read that employees (the only ones with them so far) are contractually forbidden from selling their cars over MSRP.

Buy a used Leaf instead to tide you over until you can get a 3.

Buying a used leaf until the 3 is ready is like buying a used bottle of wine until you can get the one you really want. Or a used bandaid or used underwear.

Sometimes its best to wait.

Reactions: C141medic
Buying a used leaf until the 3 is ready is like buying a used bottle of wine until you can get the one you really want. Or a used bandaid or used underwear.

Sometimes its best to wait.

What a silly analogy! The Leaf is a perfectly good short-range EV, and a good solution for someone who is desperate to get into an EV but does not want to take the depreciation hit of a new car for the relatively short wait for a Model 3. Heck, I drove a Zap Xebra for four years, and I loved that little p.o.s. It was badly designed and worse built, but it let me drive electric until I could get something better. A Leaf has none of the shortcomings of the Xebra. If I was not already driving an electric car I'd pounce on the chance to get a Leaf. And with a used car there's far less loss when you sell it to get the car you really want.

It just depends on how badly you want to kick the gas habit and get into a BEV.

What a silly analogy! The Leaf is a perfectly good short-range EV, and a good solution for someone who is desperate to get into an EV but does not want to take the depreciation hit of a new car for the relatively short wait for a Model 3. Heck, I drove a Zap Xebra for four years, and I loved that little p.o.s. It was badly designed and worse built, but it let me drive electric until I could get something better. A Leaf has none of the shortcomings of the Xebra. If I was not already driving an electric car I'd pounce on the chance to get a Leaf. And with a used car there's far less loss when you sell it to get the car you really want.

It just depends on how badly you want to kick the gas habit and get into a BEV.
I don't know of anyone that wants to kick the gas habit badly enough to waste money on trying to buy and re-sell a Leaf. Do you know what the re-sale value of a leaf is going to be once the Model 3 hits the market?

Kicking the gas habit is just one of the perks of getting a Model 3. I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people want to get a model 3 more than they just want an EV otherwise they would have already gotten a leaf or a bolt or some other piece of garbage car - like you did. Do you think reservation holders are oblivious to the leaf and the bolt....which is why they aren't buying any?

This video is completely absurd. Everything in it (which they emphasize to make sound like it's breaking news) is either already well known or a rumor with no evidence.
Well known?

Who cares? Why didn't the info come from Tesla?

All Tesla has said is that there is an issue associated with "Its own" part of the production process of cars that haven't hit the public yet. All of the cars out so far are NDA'd up.

Well known?

Who cares? Why didn't the info come from Tesla?

All Tesla has said is that there is an issue associated with "Its own" part of the production process of cars that haven't hit the public yet. All of the cars out so far are NDA'd up.
They are just bashing. Panel gaps? -- yeah, show an old picture. Steering wheel? -- a simple matter of taste. Waste of time.