Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for alignment shop in greater Sacramento area for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, does anyone know of any place that can do an alignment on a Model 3 yet, preferably in the Sacramento area?

I've checked with Firestone and they do not have the specs yet. I went with another popular local tire shop with great ratings on Yelp, and even scheduled an appointment with them, only to find out upon putting my car up on their rack that they can't do it because they don't have the specs nor the software. Apparently they mistook it for a Model S and X when I called to schedule the appointment.

I would appreciate any recommendations in the South Sac area, but I'm willing to make the drive in the Sacramento area in general, but I may consider going as far as Vallejo in the bay area.

I'm a little south of you in the Merced/Fresno area but had a very tough time finding a shop that would touch my Model S. I ended up going to the service center. Any reason you don't want Tesla to do it? I understand they outsource a lot of alignments, might want to see if you can find out who they use.

I'm a little south of you in the Merced/Fresno area but had a very tough time finding a shop that would touch my Model S. I ended up going to the service center. Any reason you don't want Tesla to do it? I understand they outsource a lot of alignments, might want to see if you can find out who they use.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually would prefer Tesla, but they are 30 minutes away and I was hoping to get it done sooner because I just lowered my car with coilovers and wanted to do it asap. I have a service scheduled for the 27th so I may have to just wait.

How do you know if your car needs an alignment?

When I was in college last century, I took my car to a place that said they did a free diagnosis if your car needed an alignment. They said I did and so I had them do the alignment. When I picked it up the car continued a turn I started out of their driveway. Almost hit a car on the street. Immediately pulled back in and ask what was going on and they told me it was to spec. That night I almost flipped the car trying an emergency stop on a friend's recommendation. I scheduled an appointment to have them look again, but ended up totaling the car during an emergency stop on the freeway first.

Haven't taken a vehicle for an alignment since. Nor have I needed one based on tread wear. Although, Volvo got me for one that I thought would be covered by my 10-year service agreement, especially since it was year one.

So how do you know to get an alignment, just wait for weird treadwear or put on coilovers?

-Randy

When you replace suspension you will need an alignment. Doesn't matter if it's coilovers or just the shock, you will need alignment.

Out of alignment car could steer weird or destroy tires quickly. I learned the hard way by trying to get by without one after putting new shocks on a beater car. New tires were done after 3k miles.

Reactions: P-Lo801
When you replace suspension you will need an alignment. Doesn't matter if it's coilovers or just the shock, you will need alignment.

Out of alignment car could steer weird or destroy tires quickly. I learned the hard way by trying to get by without one after putting new shocks on a beater car. New tires were done after 3k miles.

I learned the same way. That's why I was hoping to do it asap. Even though it was a only marginal drop, I don't want to take any chances.

Lowering any car will naturally add more negative camber to your wheels. Even if you or your installer marked all of the camber, toe, and caster settings before the strut towers were swapped, it is best to get an alignment just for peace of mind. An alignment is a few bucks cheaper than replacing a set of tires :)

Hey all, does anyone know of any place that can do an alignment on a Model 3 yet, preferably in the Sacramento area?

I've checked with Firestone and they do not have the specs yet. I went with another popular local tire shop with great ratings on Yelp, and even scheduled an appointment with them, only to find out upon putting my car up on their rack that they can't do it because they don't have the specs nor the software. Apparently they mistook it for a Model S and X when I called to schedule the appointment.

I would appreciate any recommendations in the South Sac area, but I'm willing to make the drive in the Sacramento area in general, but I may consider going as far as Vallejo in the bay area.

Can u please send me the names of the places that can do tire alignment for model s?

Sorry to revive an old post but can you post the names of the shop that did alignment for the model s? Asking for a friend.