Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

looking for cheap daily 20" wheels - velox RT7M (costco)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi

have an incoming MYP later this month and i wanted to change shoes asap as i will be driving a lot on the crappy streets of LA. bc of the trash roads on my daily route, im going for cheap.. in comes costco velox RT7M. current price is 1064 + tax

SPECIFICATIONS

• SIZE:20x8.5
  • OFFSET:+35
  • PCD:5-114.3/120.7
  • FINISH:Black Ball Cut Machined
  • CONSTRUCTION:A356
  • HUB BORE:74.10
  • IS ALL SEASON:No
  • SUGGESTED TIRE SIZE:255/40R20 (Requires retention nut removal on hub)
i have tried searching but wasnt able to find anyone that actually bought and mounted them in the 20x10 size.

• from the other thread, i know i need hub rings
  • can anyone shed light on what size tires i would need? i know the stock tires on the 20" factory wheels are 255/40, would that be okay here?
  • i know i would have to buy tpms sensors as i will probably sell the 21" uberturbines.
  • i know theyre not the lightest but it's a good price and would allow me to rotate tires

is there anything else that should be on my radar?

thank you in advance. cant wait to take delivery.

Reactions: Daekwan
I'm looking for some dead cheap wheels too, and I want to stick to exact factory specs, no spacers or anything. I found these, not the cheapEST, but still reasonable, a bit lighter (than my Geminis) and don't look silly. IDK about the 20in, but the 19x9.5 seem to be exact fit for a Y LR.

Lots of other options from them too.

Reactions: Daekwan
I'm looking for some dead cheap wheels too, and I want to stick to exact factory specs, no spacers or anything. I found these, not the cheapEST, but still reasonable, a bit lighter (than my Geminis) and don't look silly. IDK about the 20in, but the 19x9.5 seem to be exact fit for a Y LR.

Lots of other options from them too.

those look nice and can’t go wrong with oem look.

lol i’m trying to maximize some cash back and get return/warranty through costco 😅

Reactions: OxBrew
Yeah from what I've read, the Replika 241 is the best bang for the buck OEM wheel replacement option. Maybe you could buy the wheels online from whichever vendor is selling the R241s.. and then buy the tires from Costco who will also install them. This would still give you the Costco warranty & services on the tires (free rotations, balancing, cashback, etc). But with OEM-looking wheels guaranteed to fit right.. with a proven reputation from actual Tesla owners. You could sell your 21" Ultraturbines a full set with wheels/tires mounted in a single transaction.

Plenty of people have switched to the R241's and I haven't seen a single complaint regarding quality, reliability, or efficiency. Things I would certainly be concerned about when changing out the OEM wheel for a 3rd party product.

Yeah from what I've read, the Replika 241 is the best bang for the buck OEM wheel replacement option. Maybe you could buy the wheels online from whichever vendor is selling the R241s.. and then buy the tires from Costco who will also install them. This would still give you the Costco warranty & services on the tires (free rotations, balancing, cashback, etc). But with OEM-looking wheels guaranteed to fit right.. with a proven reputation from actual Tesla owners. You could sell your 21" Ultraturbines a full set with wheels/tires mounted in a single transaction.

Plenty of people have switched to the R241's and I haven't seen a single complaint regarding quality, reliability, or efficiency. Things I would certainly be concerned about when changing out the OEM wheel for a 3rd party product.
thank you for your input; much appreciated.

here are the specs for the 20x10

• Model #: R241
  • P.C.D.: 5x114.3mm
  • Finish: Space Grey
  • Hub Bore: 64.1mm
  • Offset: +40mm
  • Seat: 60°
  • Weight: 28.20lbs
  • Load Rating: 1984 lbs / 900 kg
  • Winter Approved Finish: Yes
  • Compatible with factory lug-nuts and Center Caps
do you see any issues with the +40 offset?