Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for pics of the vegan steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the vegan steering wheel also (delivered end of May), the feel is a little less soft to the touch but otherwise pretty similar. Unclear if its still the newness, but the leather one (on previous model S and loaners i've had) built up a hand grease layer pretty quick, haven't noticed that on the vegan wheel.

At the time I got mine, they said I couldn't get the heated steering wheel in the all weather package with the vegan option, so I didn't get the package at all... not sure if that's changed yet

Hmmm. Is anyone certain if the current standard steering wheel is leather? I just picked up my 70D last week and did not think the steering wheel feels like leather. I have a leather wheel in my present car and have others in the past, so I know how they feel.
I could be wrong but it feels like a man-made material -- too smooth and even in color to be natural, I think. And by the way, I do have the optional interior that supposedly has more leather and "better materials."

I had the impression that the steering wheels changed last September when the stalks were also rearranged -- and assumed the covering changed as well. I looked in the specs and see no mention of leather cover in the specs.