Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all looking for solutions to charge my parents s on trips to lake Osage beach , sunrise beach from KC. Don't see any charging there other than rv parks.... Anyone with info on charging at the lake ??? Thanks!
We charged at a local RV park. Only one of their NEMA 14-50's worked, though. I forget the name of the park, Liz will know though.

- - - Updated - - -

477904_10200572952919549_238515214_o.jpg

Saw this beauty parked a few spaces down from mine at the St. Louis airport.

¡Hola amigos!

This is "bluefuego's" significant other...just thought I'd officially join the forum rather than merely lurking.

We've had our red 85 MS for almost a month now, and it's ridiculously awesome. We finally got our 14-50 circuit wired in the garage last week, but with the convenience of plugging in at home and overnight charging, even our meager 120v/15a outlet kept the MS topped off prior to that without issue (although it was *much* slower than the new 50amp circuit, naturally). Anyway, I met a couple of you at the auto show several months back, but I just wanted to say hi to the others. I look forward to meeting many of you at the next STL-area event.

- Chris

We charged at a local RV park. Only one of their NEMA 14-50's worked, though. I forget the name of the park, Liz will know though.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 22729

Saw this beauty parked a few spaces down from mine at the St. Louis airport.

When did they install EV charging stations at Lambert. Can you provide some details, i.e. how much does it cost above the parking rate, how long can you stay plugged in etc?

Thanks

Tom

When did they install EV charging stations at Lambert. Can you provide some details, i.e. how much does it cost above the parking rate, how long can you stay plugged in etc?

No limitations on leaving yourself plugged in. The chargers are basic chargers (no card required, car can initiate charging again, etc.), and they're 208V @ 16A with a pretty significant voltage drop (to 199V or so when loaded).

It's lot A, formerly the "intermediate lot", so $13/day for parking, no additional monetary charge for EV charging.

It's not really a good short-term option, because the charging rate is so slow (3 kW) and if you pull into the lot A entrance, I believe the minimum charge is half a day (although I'm unsure). There's a way to enter the short-term garage and make your way through the exit tunnel to lot A, where you could presumably get the short-term rate, but as I mentioned I've found the benefits of this to be limited unless you plan to spend all day at the airport.

I typically use it for my full-day and two-day (overnight) trips. Anything longer, I'm typically parking in lot B/C/D, anything shorter, I just park close to the terminal in the garage.

I've contacted some of the other off-airport lots, and several of them offered access to a 120V outlet (which is really all you need on anything but a day trip).