Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for switched 12V power along the inside top of rear hatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think there’s any unswitched 12v sources in the lift-gate itself but there is one in the lower right side of the trunk on one of the several plugs. The one to find provides power to the pistons that raise and lower the lift-gate. To access it one has to remove much of the trim on that side of the trunk. I can provide more details if there is further interest.

Reactions: YNOT3
I don’t think there’s any unswitched 12v sources in the lift-gate itself but there is one in the lower right side of the trunk on one of the several plugs. The one to find provides power to the pistons that raise and lower the lift-gate. To access it one has to remove much of the trim on that side of the trunk. I can provide more details if there is further interest.
Yes, please provide details. Thank you! Unswitched is preferable for my interests. Was hoping it would be in the hatch itself, but the trunk side would be ok and better than having to run wire up to the front.

Yes, please provide details. Thank you! Unswitched is preferable for my interests. Was hoping it would be in the hatch itself, but the trunk side would be ok and better than having to run wire up to the front.

See these instructions for installing the lighted rear applique -- it operates off of the 12v power source. Specifics are on page 12 of the document and there are a number of photos throughout.

Reactions: YNOT3 and Akikiki