Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Tesla to rent over the holidays while travelling in Australia

Mar 31, 2015
Mississauga, On, Can
Kia Ora,

I'm coming to NZ and Australia over the Xmas break and I will be missing my Tesla being parked in my garage at home while I'm there.
Just wondering if anyone knows of a place where I could rent one from around the 20th to 31st of December?

Thanks

ZTrekus

Feb 8, 2015
Sydney, NSW
Actually I was wondering if you could hire a Tesla in the US. Wanted to drive Route 66 fron Dallas Airpirt to Vegas via the Grand Canyon, with the family. But niw I only want to do it in a Model S... or X for that matter... Anyone know anyone who knows anything?

raynewman

Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Actually I was wondering if you could hire a Tesla in the US. Wanted to drive Route 66 fron Dallas Airpirt to Vegas via the Grand Canyon, with the family. But niw I only want to do it in a Model S... or X for that matter... Anyone know anyone who knows anything?
I hired one out of LAX via Relay Rides in July 2015.

heosat

Jul 10, 2013
Sydney
OK thanks. Coming down from Toronto. Probably won't work out but thanks anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

OK thanks but way too expensive. Quite ludicrous actually. $150.00 an hour?

My wife is the owner so I'm obviously biased but... $150 an hour is quite cheap in Australia for a luxury chauffeur service.

raynewman

Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Kia Ora,

I'm coming to NZ and Australia over the Xmas break and I will be missing my Tesla being parked in my garage at home while I'm there.
Just wondering if anyone knows of a place where I could rent one from around the 20th to 31st of December?

Thanks
The other way to do this is (with a little more notice) organise to swap dwellings + Tesla with a local owner who wants a holiday for the period. This is what I've done for July next year.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC