Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to buy first Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats the setup I have and from what I can tell now it's 'stock' on all model 3s at this point

Just for clarity- what cars (except the SR I think) come with by default now is basic AP. TACC and autosteer in a single lane only.

What you mentioned earlier- EAP- includes a bunch more features, and they don't sell that anymore. All the additional features that EAP had over basic AP (and more future ones) have been moved to the newer version of the FSD package.

FYI, I bought mine a year and a half ago & the pre-delivery communication was awful. I arranged my own financing & the person helping me pretty much ghosted me. I was hoping that it's improved in the meantime but I recently read another post with a similar complaint. If you have any problems, call the 800 number & don't hang up until they address your problem. If this happens, plan to be on the phone for a while waiting on hold. They were helpful and able to solve the problem once I finally got someone on the line when I've had to call.

Delivery was efficient and pleasant. By far the easiest car purchase I've ever done (other than my complaint above). The staff at the delivery center was great (Denver).

Other than that, getting parts if you need body work (hopefully you never will) can be a huge pain. My wife's Model 3 got hit 4 days after delivery. Took 3 months to get into the body shop (because we were picky about which shop to use) and another 3 months for the repair. Once the shop had the car, the delay was mostly the fault of waiting for parts. Luckily it was cosmetic only so it was driveable and the shop eventually did top notch work.

We've had a few minor issues that were easily handled under warranty. I've been to two different service centers and both were friendly and helpful. My wife and I each had one experience with mobile service and it was great.

You're definitely going to want some sort of 220v charging at home with your mileage. We have 2 wall connectors (his & hers) on a 100amp circuit. But the Model 3 LR can only use 48amps. We only charge above 90% for road trips and usually not above 75-80% for daily driving. Charging from <10% to 90% only takes around 4.5-5 hours if I remember correctly. We just plug in every night and the cars are always ready to go in the morning. Super convenient. BTW, 110v 15 amp charging only adds a little over 1% per hour.

By far the best car I've ever owned. It might not be quite as luxury as you're used to but it'll probably be much more fun.

Reactions: VRUNNER
Hi,
would please detail how to check you get EAP?
I've ordered my M3P no FSD just regular autopilot, havent received it yet, but I want too to get sure all is there once I get the car.

You should have the autopilot steering wheel icon in the upper left portion of the display. Also, if you’re on the highway, you can set a destination and see if Navigate on Autopilot is available. When I purchased mine, I never had that icon but things may be different now since all cars have TACC and auto steer.