Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to purchase gen 2 wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a gen 2 charger from Tesla in January and it crapped out in 3 weeks. I reordered but received the gen 3 after my electrician installed a 100 amp breaker since my 2015 p85d has dual chargers. So now looking for someone who may have a new gen 2 charger they would like to sell. Help!

I purchased a gen 2 charger from Tesla in January and it crapped out in 3 weeks. I reordered but received the gen 3 after my electrician installed a 100 amp breaker since my 2015 p85d has dual chargers. So now looking for someone who may have a new gen 2 charger they would like to sell. Help!
Hmm, well, I do have a new in box signature black version 2 wall connector that I haven't installed yet.

When I saw that the Gen3 came out, and was deficient in a few ways, like lower power and shorter cable and not having circuit sharing enabled yet, I thought maybe someone would be really interested in this one so I held off installing it.

So here's the thing. I would like to go ahead and put a wall connector up, but I really don't need those extra functions. So I will easily exchange straight across my Gen2 for a Gen3. I just don't want to have to put up my own money to do it, since I'm giving the more valuable thing and basically doing someone a favor. Do you still have that Gen3 and want to trade? If you'll cover the shipping costs or however we switch these, then I'm fine with that.