Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like I no longer have a solar advisor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed on my account it now says to call the the 888-518-3752 or email [email protected]. I tried dialing the number of my solar advisor and it says the number is no longer in service. Has anyone else had this happen to them? do they reassign you a new advisor? I tried calling the 888 number, but it only gives you 3 options, emergency, speak to sales, or talk to the installation and activation department.

I noticed on my account it now says to call the the 888-518-3752 or email [email protected]. I tried dialing the number of my solar advisor and it says the number is no longer in service. Has anyone else had this happen to them? do they reassign you a new advisor? I tried calling the 888 number, but it only gives you 3 options, emergency, speak to sales, or talk to the installation and activation department.
Try this number instead: 877.571.7652

Have to ask why are you trying to reach them now? General questions or an issue of some sort?

Our first Advisor's number didn't work after several months and later found out he had left the company and we were assigned to another person so it could just be that. Right before we were going to be scheduled for inspection, we were assigned to a new Advisor. Had emailed him a question and hadn't heard back. Today we called and he picked right up. Nice guy, said he was fairly new and learning and appreciated our patience. Apologized for not getting back. He listened to our questions, summarized and repeated them back in case he missed anything and said he would get back to us. That's fine, nice to know Tesla is still hiring people for TE and nothing was urgent as we are still waiting for PTO. We had originally asked about power loss when PWs were left on but inverter turned off and whether there was a manual for the PWs like we had be given for the SolarEdge. He sent us a reply maybe an hour later. Really so far we have had a pretty good response from Tesla when we reached out to them. Maybe now that we are past the install phase they rotate new orders into those Advisors that have more expenience and you'll be assigned a new Advisor? Maybe we are past the point of needing one after PTO is granted and system is powered on?

BTW we were given the phone number for the PW Hotline (assume for emergency type situations) and I see you are in the same general area as us so passing it on, 650.546.8505 (northern calif. area code).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jedmo
Have to ask why are you trying to reach them now? General questions or an issue of some sort?

Our first Advisor's number didn't work after several months and later found out he had left the company and we were assigned to another person so it could just be that. Right before we were going to be scheduled for inspection, we were assigned to a new Advisor. Had emailed him a question and hadn't heard back. Today we called and he picked right up. Nice guy, said he was fairly new and learning and appreciated our patience. Apologized for not getting back. He listened to our questions, summarized and repeated them back in case he missed anything and said he would get back to us. That's fine, nice to know Tesla is still hiring people for TE and nothing was urgent as we are still waiting for PTO. We had originally asked about power loss when PWs were left on but inverter turned off and whether there was a manual for the PWs like we had be given for the SolarEdge. He sent us a reply maybe an hour later. Really so far we have had a pretty good response from Tesla when we reached out to them. Maybe now that we are past the install phase they rotate new orders into those Advisors that have more expenience and you'll be assigned a new Advisor? Maybe we are past the point of needing one after PTO is granted and system is powered on?

BTW we were given the phone number for the PW Hotline (assume for emergency type situations) and I see you are in the same general area as us so passing it on, 650.546.8505 (northern calif. area code).

Thank you for sharing SAMIset, I appreciate your insight. No Issues currently, just noticed when I was on my account page that my advisor info was no longer there and replaced with the 888 number and generic email. I initially thought it was another system glitch, since over the weekend none of my solar documents were available on the site. I tried giving my advisor a call just to see if the number would go through and got the "this number is no longer in service" message. My project is currently in the permit phase, and it seems my area is pretty stringent on permit approval (solar wither powerwall permit submitted on 9/28). I just have a concern that if something is held up in the cities permit office that Tesla needs to resolve, I have someone that I can call to get things rolling.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset