Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of TACC 7 Lane keeping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a 2015 model S, 85D, AP1. Has anyone seen this error message? Know how to fix it? After this message appeared I lost TACC, lane keeping, and the car would no longer read speed signs.
I have tried using the scroll wheels to reset. Didn't appear to work.

20240117_133509[1].jpg

You can try again later - leave the car, come back in couple of hours and see if it comes back. I have seen this couple of times after latest firmware updates, the first time recalibrating the camera works. The second time I tried power off, charge it and come back later and then the function returned.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reassurance. I waited a few days, and it's back!

What confuses me is why the developers would have a software switch that turns off both radar and camera functionality. Under what conditions would this be appropriate? And, why didn't they tell the rest of the team, who create the error messages?

It seems clear to me (a former software developer and manager) that the switch is in RAM, and it is normally in the ON position, allowing radar and camera functionality.

But, once in a long while some error in the software, or maybe some cosmic ray, hits that memory location and turns it OFF.

Also, that memory location must get hit once in a while by another software error that turns it back ON.

Upvote 0