Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lotus Eletre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been anticipating this for a few weeks now and watched the reveal yesterday. Much higher range than MX (370mi on 23" wheels vs 311 for the MX on 22" wheels) and close in performance (2.9 vs 2.5 0-60). I really like the looks of it. They are taking reservations but it looks like only for the UK and a few European countries. Need to call the Dallas dealership and see if they know anything. I can definitely see this replacing my Plaid X.

I have been anticipating this for a few weeks now and watched the reveal yesterday. Much higher range than MX (370mi on 23" wheels vs 311 for the MX on 22" wheels) and close in performance (2.9 vs 2.5 0-60). I really like the looks of it. They are taking reservations but it looks like only for the UK and a few European countries. Need to call the Dallas dealership and see if they know anything. I can definitely see this replacing my Plaid X.
I'll be curious to see the numbers on it. I'm thinking it's closer to the Model Y in dimensions than the X. I'm wondering how much underneath is going to be from the Geely parts bins as I cannot see this being a totally unique build. At least there will be time to look into it.

So, according to this: 2023 Lotus Eletre First Look Review: The Lotus Heavyweight the Eletre is VERY close to MX.

Length:
Eletre: 200.9"
MX 199.1"

Width (assume with mirrors):
Eletre: 87.8"
MX: 89"

Height:
Eletre: 64.2"
MX" 66.1"

Wheelbase:
Eletre: 118.9"
MX: 116.7"

As for parts. They say this is an all new platform but I'm sure they built upon what they learned w/ Polestar and such. There are articles from late 2021 that Polestar is developing an 800V pack so I'm guessing there will be shared components there and probably the motors as well.

But yeah, looks like we have a long wait to learn. In the reverse of Tesla, we will get to read about the cars in Europe before we get them here. Hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked out by then.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Interesting. I wonder if the Taycan is having the same issues with cold?
I've had no issues with my Taycan charging or particular range loss in cold. I did a nearly 4,000 mile road trip without issues.
Wonder how good their 800 volt system work. First attempt from Kia/Hyundai is not so good. And not good at all in the cold.
What was the issue with Kia/Hyundai? Everything I've read is the charging curve is great. What have you seen that is the opposite? I'd be curious to read it.

I've had no issues with my Taycan charging or particular range loss in cold. I did a nearly 4,000 mile road trip without issues.

What was the issue with Kia/Hyundai? Everything I've read is the charging curve is great. What have you seen that is the opposite? I'd be curious to read it.

Kyle from out of spec seen the charging slows suddenly on and off.... as if there is cooling problem. But overall, still faster than most out there. Many YouTube reviews seen this behavior too.

And in the cold, it is at 50kW.

Reactions: Zer0t
Lotus is owned by GEELY. And GEELY is STILL 'doing business' with the Russian Dictator.

And yes... GEELY also owns Volvo Cars and Polestar. They do however not own Volvo Group that makes the trucks, buses and construction equipment as well as some other stuff.

Source:

Last edited: