Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love - Hate - Apathetic Version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cons: The 17" display is downgraded as if it's a smaller Model 3 15" display that I can no longer place Rear View Camera on top half and another app like browser on bottom half at the same time like before. Downgraded is not progress.

For this reason I decline the V9 upgrade every day I drive the car. Would rather not give up top half backup camera over all the new v9 updates.

Wuth 9, the temperature can no longer be adjusted from the steering wheel.

Personally I've only adjusted AC speed on the steering wheel ball. Hopefully that is still do-able?

I have pretty much adjusted to V9 ..Took some getting used to... Camera position doesn''t bother me . Just figured out how to turn off the climate completely ..Frustrating for a bit .(long press the symbol) ...Autopilot seems somewhat more secure ..I don't see much improvement in the UI , (one screen for all settings ) but it's OK...

The latest thing that annoys me is you can't have the close up north or heading up maps and the percentage at arrival showing at the same time. When you go from full trip/leg to the closer maps, it compresses the directions down to the next couple, which wouldn't bother me except I lose the percentage. If you drag the directions open, it jumps the map back to full trip.

The new AP features are a huge advancement. I am on 2018.40. When I was originally upgraded to 2018.39.6, ping ponging was introduced. With 40. That completely went away. The blind spot detection with avatars is a huge benefit. 40 improved the inaccuracy of the avatars next to the vehicle somewhat.

I am completely adapted to the new UI. Most of the functions I use are easier to access and seem to have a better experience.

The biggest update to the UI that I like is with the streaming media functions. Specifically, because I have Slacker Premium, I really like that the playlists that I set up manually have all the tracks visible and selectable. Basic Slacker does not support that capability.

The Maps are much better in terms of the traffic accuracy. Even though we lost the green clear indicator, the yellow and red areas seem to be real time and accurate. I know before the traffic seemed to be delayed or completely inaccurate.

I don't like that I lost the estimated battery % at destination with the trip planner heading up on the display. I would like them to bring that back. I re-learned to have the navigation on the top with the route and energy consumption on the bottom app for estimated destination battery %. But, this is a waste of real-estate. I would like to have the one reading back.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: spectrum and bayx
PRO:

1) Automatic lane changes on secondary roads now (when using turn signal)
2) Unified interface for my Model X as my wife as a Model 3 now.
3) All cameras active allowing the IC to show various objects (trucks, cars, motorcycles, pedestrians) around your car.
4) Atari games when supercharging
5) One screen now for both controls and settings.
6) Remote update from phone app

CON:

1) The Usage screen occasionally flips back to 15 minutes after I keep changing it to 30.
2) Automatic lane change gives a red line more often than it should, so not quite as responsive as before.

I don't like that I lost the estimated battery % at destination with the trip planner heading up on the display. I would like them to bring that back. I re-learned to have the navigation on the top with the route and energy consumption on the bottom app for estimated destination battery %. But, this is a waste of real-estate. I would like to have the one reading back.

That's a bummer, was really useful, hope they bring it back!

Looks like camera on top is coming back...

Screenshot_20181023-215331_Chrome.jpg

The new AP features are a huge advancement. I am on 2018.40. When I was originally upgraded to 2018.39.6, ping ponging was introduced. With 40. That completely went away. The blind spot detection with avatars is a huge benefit. 40 improved the inaccuracy of the avatars next to the vehicle somewhat.

I am completely adapted to the new UI. Most of the functions I use are easier to access and seem to have a better experience.

The biggest update to the UI that I like is with the streaming media functions. Specifically, because I have Slacker Premium, I really like that the playlists that I set up manually have all the tracks visible and selectable. Basic Slacker does not support that capability.

The Maps are much better in terms of the traffic accuracy. Even though we lost the green clear indicator, the yellow and red areas seem to be real time and accurate. I know before the traffic seemed to be delayed or completely inaccurate.

I agree with everything you said except — the battery remaining percent % at destination can still be shown in the map planner for me? You may have to re-enable it in Map settings though.