Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love my sunroof, can’t get myself to upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any carmaker makes a convertible EV.
Genesis showed a prototype convertible EV that looks pretty sharp. What are the odds this will see production before the Tesla Roadster?
1701142983713.png

My 2016.5 is approaching the 8 year warranty, and while I promised myself years ago I’d never consider keeping it after that date I am having a hard time letting go—I just love the sunroof too much. Have looked at other brands like Fisker Ocean but it’s just not the same as my S. Was curious if others are in my position too—refusing to upgrade because of sunroof.

Eww do not buy a fisker. That guy is a scam artist and a sleaze.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors
My 2016.5 is approaching the 8 year warranty, and while I promised myself years ago I’d never consider keeping it after that date I am having a hard time letting go—I just love the sunroof too much. Have looked at other brands like Fisker Ocean but it’s just not the same as my S. Was curious if others are in my position too—refusing to upgrade because of sunroof.
Me Too was one of the biggest reasons i got the car

Got me thinking, the sunroof probably just drops into the space where the fixed glass is as a unit. Maybe you find a wrecked 2016 w sunroof and find a shop to do the swap? Trick would be the software though, maybe someone here has the chops to add it to the new software or maybe you wire it manually?. Would definitely void the warranty tho

Also holding on to my 2016 Model S for the foreseeable future. No goes for a new Model S in my view: No pano roof, plastic seats instead of leather, no stalks, loss of USS. Also not a fan of the landscape oriented screen - I want my navigation map displayed in the best way, I watch movies on my 120" projection screen at home. And it pains me to say, Elon Musk is no longer a person I want to support with my money.

When it is time to replace the Model S, I highly doubt my next car will be a Tesla.

Reactions: Russell
Also holding on to my 2016 Model S for the foreseeable future. No goes for a new Model S in my view: No pano roof, plastic seats instead of leather, no stalks, loss of USS. Also not a fan of the landscape oriented screen - I want my navigation map displayed in the best way, I watch movies on my 120" projection screen at home. And it pains me to say, Elon Musk is no longer a person I want to support with my money.

When it is time to replace the Model S, I highly doubt my next car will be a Tesla.

What's your thoughts on the EQS? She ain't pretty but has real leather, pano roof, USS, stalks, Apple Carplay and a really good range.

What's your thoughts on the EQS? She ain't pretty but has real leather, pano roof, USS, stalks, Apple Carplay and a really good range.
I noticed during the recent Carmudgeon Show podcast which was a follow-up to the Hagerty Cybertruck video, reviewer Jason Cammisa referred to the Mercedes as "the worst consumer product ever" but then weakly walked it back a moment later with a quiet "not really." Didn't really say the thought process behind that perception - probably the styling which of course is by far the weakest part of the car. I sold an AMG E63 when I bought Tesla, and while I appreciate the brand there's no way I would own any of the EQ's because of the way they look. Styling is subjective, but I think that's a commonly held viewpoint, given the crazy leases MB is doing.

I noticed during the recent Carmudgeon Show podcast which was a follow-up to the Hagerty Cybertruck video, reviewer Jason Cammisa referred to the Mercedes as "the worst consumer product ever" but then weakly walked it back a moment later with a quiet "not really." Didn't really say the thought process behind that perception - probably the styling which of course is by far the weakest part of the car. I sold an AMG E63 when I bought Tesla, and while I appreciate the brand there's no way I would own any of the EQ's because of the way they look. Styling is subjective, but I think that's a commonly held viewpoint, given the crazy leases MB is doing.
Oh no doubt about it. The EQS is the kinds of looks only mother could love. But I'm too old to give a hoot what others think about what I drive. I just want an EV that baths me in ultra luxury.

Reactions: dn325ci