Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love the Y. Hate the S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my service center has my Y for my AC problem. They gave me an old S as a loaner and I was shocked to find out the S is a nightmare for ingress/egress. I am only 6'1 but when I try to get in the driver's seat I hit my head on the edge of the roof. And to get out of the car I basically have to tuck and roll. And what makes all of this even worse is the B pillar is forward of my seat position so I ram my shoulder into the B pillar when entering and exiting! I really want my Y back ASAP. It is so easy to get in and out!
Im 6'3" and never had an issue entry into an SUV is always
I would like to see the technique as well. I can get in and out of my wife's 3 just fine, its not just worth the extra effort for me. Certainly having a car that is lower to teh ground has its benefits, and at one point I cared about that, but I don't now.

I'm 6'2, and while getting in and out of the 3 isn't exactly what I'd want, I have more trouble with being in the car after I am in it. First, the floor is too close to the seat so there is no place to put my legs except for all the way into the footwells. On longer drives I like to do something else with my legs and I can't with the 3 unless I have my knees up by the steering wheel. And further - beacuse of this, and having no extended thigh support on the seat like I had in previous BMWs, the front edge of the seat ends up right in the middle of my upper leg. And again, on longer drives, this eventually causes discomfort.

The Y will definitely be a welcome change. My wife and I test drove one this last friday, and when she eventually asked me about "testing out" the getting in and out of the car, I realized I had already gotten in and out 3 times and never gave it a second thought - because it was that little of a consequence. I hadn't even noticed. That's good enough for me.

Put your butt on the seat, swing your legs in one by one, door opening is super large for a 4 door so not really an issue (36" inseam for Me) Tesla is one of few cars wher if i put seat back all the way I almost cant reach pedals, if it were a manual ide have issues and move the seat forward!!!

Love the Y. Hate the S
With such Clickbait title, and considering the price difference between the Model Y and the Model S,
I was thinking that this posting was making comparison of major differences,
such as comparing the Model Y spring suspension to the Model S air suspension.

About the access, comparing the Model 3 against the Model S, or the Model Y against the Model X, would be more valuable

With such Clickbait title, and considering the price difference between the Model Y and the Model S,
I was thinking that this posting was making comparison of major differences,
such as comparing the Model Y spring suspension to the Model S air suspension.

About the access, comparing the Model 3 against the Model S, or the Model Y against the Model X, would be more valuable
except my car is a Y and my loaner car is an S so there ya go...the meat of the post which you somehow missed.