Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

low pressure one tyre, no obvious damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly the same story here with the Nova wheel - only my right rear stabilises at 37psi. I pump it up and over the week it drops 1psi every night until it gets to 37! Annoying as hell. Requested a service from Tesla as my friend had the same thing but it turned out his alloy had a hairline crack from s pothole (apparently)! Tesla gave me a quote of £361!!! I’d rather pump it up every week. Can I not jack my new highland up on a normal jack then?

Exactly the same story here with the Nova wheel - only my right rear stabilises at 37psi. I pump it up and over the week it drops 1psi every night until it gets to 37! Annoying as hell. Requested a service from Tesla as my friend had the same thing but it turned out his alloy had a hairline crack from s pothole (apparently)! Tesla gave me a quote of £361!!! I’d rather pump it up every week. Can I not jack my new highland up on a normal jack then?
What’s a normal jack? So long as you use a Model 3 jack pad and a compatible jack e.g. most trolley jacks you will be ok. The problem may be a slow puncture or a leaking valve … it could be the wheel but that wouldn’t be my first guess.

One of our summer tyres seemed to start losing a psi every couple of weeks. It was so subtle I wasn’t 100% sure so left it over the winter tyre swap.

Ahead if refitting start of this summer I checked the tyre. It was 10psi down. Close inspection, no sign of puncture or impact.

Took it to my local independent who checked for puncture and valve then drenched the rims with ‘soapy’ solution. Just about to give up when a few tiny bubbles appeared between tyre and rim.

They removed tyre, resealed tyre and no issues since :touchwood

Easy enough to check as wheel was off car for seasonal swap, but any decent tyre fitter not looking for an instant problem to reveal itself would be able to sort for £10-20 or even free/money for a few bacon butties.

Glad the OP solved the issue, but two more things that could cause a slow leak that weren’t posted.

1. Wear out of front tyres on the inner side due to excess toe in. It’s very hard to see unless under the car. It was flagged in an MOT for me and soon after a slow leak appeared.
2.Wheel crack on the inside rim . Not visible unless you remove the wheel.
IMG_7009.jpeg