Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Tsportline lowering springs installed for my long range single motor!

Called Tsportline for recommendation on when I should do alignment and they said it’s not necessary and that it’s up me if I want to do alignment. Thoughts?

Just got my Tsportline lowering springs installed for my long range single motor!

Called Tsportline for recommendation on when I should do alignment and they said it’s not necessary and that it’s up me if I want to do alignment. Thoughts?

It's best practice to do an alignment anytime you modify your suspension to prevent any uneven wear on your tires. That said, I think you can get away with not doing one if you only lower it by an inch. But, I just lowered mine about an inch or so and will opt to do an alignment still.

Reactions: warrior15r
It's best practice to do an alignment anytime you modify your suspension to prevent any uneven wear on your tires. That said, I think you can get away with not doing one if you only lower it by an inch. But, I just lowered mine about an inch or so and will opt to do an alignment still.
Yes alignment always. you gotta get rough with the suspension when you are removing stuff and things get out of spec no matter how careful you are. With that said, after lowering my car was pulling slightly to the right. Firestone does lifetime alignment for a vehicle @$200 or one time $80.

I had TSportline springs installed on my RWD last fall and I wanted to be safe and got an alignment. The rears were out of specs alittle but good to have it done so your tires wear evenly. I've attached my spec sheet.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'd seriously consider getting an alignment. I've lowered dozens of cars, and I've watched many not get alignments, including the first time I lowered my car. The toe falls out of spec and you'll end up shredding your tires up significantly faster. Outside of that, nothing bad will happen. You can skip it, but just keep a close eye on tire wear, typically it won't be even so you're wasting a lot of time.

Reactions: warrior15r
Yes alignment always. you gotta get rough with the suspension when you are removing stuff and things get out of spec no matter how careful you are. With that said, after lowering my car was pulling slightly to the right. Firestone does lifetime alignment for a vehicle @$200 or one time $80.

You're lucky. I had lifetime alignment with firestone for my previous car, and I inquired about getting another one for my model 3. But according to them, they don't have the equipment yet to align the model 3.

Had @Tsportline lowering springs installed at VIBE Motorsports in Burbank.

Been a week and it looks like the rear is sagging a bit on my model 3 performance. Front is about an inch higher.

Attaching some pics (blew out the exposure on the wide shot purposefully to highlight the gap)...this happening to anyone else? Is it possible to install them incorrectly and cause a height issue?

This should answer your question about front vs rear...looks like that’s by design

1FA05C17-500A-467C-881D-9C914FF81EBF.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: spindrome
You're lucky. I had lifetime alignment with firestone for my previous car, and I inquired about getting another one for my model 3. But according to them, they don't have the equipment yet to align the model 3.
I don’t think it’s that they don’t have the equipment. The problem is they don’t have the specs in their alignment machine yet. The same thing hear locally for me in Syracuse Ny. The local Firestone called their alignment company rep, and they were notified that new software will be rolling out to them in the summer. So it’s very possible other Firestone locations in the US are capable of aligning the 3

• Helpful
Reactions: P-Lo801
Yeah, I was looking to see how it looked on a non P3D model, just standard AWD with the 19" wheels. Thanks though :) If anyone has done this, pics would be greatly appreciated.

It will look the same as far as wheel gap goes. The overall wheel/tire height is the same. Good luck. But it's hard to go wrong for $314 vs up 420+50 shipping. I had them installed for 260 by my master tech