Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1295F0C5-786B-4F48-A7DA-CC774E0DE0B1.jpeg
79CD1BC0-AABC-4674-81A8-0E4E5AABC4CF.jpeg
any pics of the the UP mild spring wheel gap ?

I've had MPP Comfort Coilovers installed over a month ago. My experience has been great. ~1.5" drop. The ride is much better than stock. Smoother over bumps. A more planted feel. Less body roll. I notice less understeer.

Overall, I'm very happy with them. @MountainPass has been great providing support as well.
did you have the stock suspension from 2018 or after build, after the revisions?

looking forward to your review!

Picked up the car this afternoon. Drives really well and handles all situations..bumps, potholes, ridges etc. about the same or better than stock. Handles turns way better than stock due to lower center of gravity. Feels really solid and planted. No issues going over speed bumps or driveway inclines.

Looks quite low and I am still contemplating if it is too low. Lol. Wheel gap is about 1 finger (allegedly a 1.5” drop) The shop that did the install also told me that adjusting the height post-install takes some effort so buyers should consider that in advance.

Some really crappy pics

07DB6968-B4D7-4573-BB61-4E4CDF53A888.jpeg

68E9845C-CF59-4E05-AFFB-218EF074B607.jpeg

Reactions: is2scooby
Looks really good but it looks loooooow, I cringe thinking about it because whenever I meet my wife for lunch at our favorite spot I see her front bumper perched over the parking curbs with 1/4" clearance so.....I could not go that low, it does look awesome like that and i'm sure the handling benefits from that lowered COG and that tint really makes it

Reactions: steve in socal
I used the recommended MPP settings for my Comforts too and thought it was pretty low as well. I drove like that for one week and everything was ok until I had a couple of light scraping incidents (every car I’ve ever owned has been lowered). I drove home that day and raised it in my drive way by 12mm.

Aside from not being able to get a jack under it (rolled it up on some sections of 2x10 boards, removed cup from jack), the fronts were pretty easy, probably about 15m each side. The rears were a pain because you could only get like 1/4 turn on the perch at a time using the spanner tool. Plus, you’re hunched over the rear brake discs.

But my car is about 2 skinny fingers/2 snug fingers now. It weird how such a small difference makes a big difference in the way it looks though. I thought 1.5” would’ve been fine but it did look pretty slammed.

Not a great pic, but it’s all I got right now

4029F3E7-164E-4B76-8D17-8AD5D4A648B9.jpeg