Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the comfort coilovers, so it’s tight but not harsh. I noticed that stock is a bit bumpy over expansion joints and this smoothes it out a bit. It lowers the car without compromising ride quality.

I haven’t checked the camber yet - it is pretty agressive, but waiting for the suspension to settle a bit. It’s set up at the recommended settings, but I may raise it just a hair. Planning to take it to firestone for an alignment and will post the results to see if i need to get the adjustable camber arms.

I was quoted $500 for springs, or $625 for the coilovers (due to the additional adjustments).

Still looking to find if anyone installed the Eibachs. The 0.4” greater rear drop has me concerned about a sagging appearance.

I have the Eibachs installed on mine. This isn’t the best picture because of the angle, but they do seem to give a more level appearance compared to the others that I have seen where the back looks to low.

69E4F901-C214-4200-A54C-BE954B994021.jpeg

Reactions: PIEric
A lot of these photos look like the car has reverse rake after lowering. Is it just the camera, or does the car look like that in person? It's my #1 reservation...

Not sure if you were asking about my car, but yes I would say by doing a rough measurement with my fingers the gap in the rear is just slightly smaller than in the front, but it’s very slight. In person you don’t really notice that unless your measuring it...appears more level than anything.

A lot of these photos look like the car has reverse rake after lowering. Is it just the camera, or does the car look like that in person? It's my #1 reservation...
Most cars (including the Model 3) have the appearance of "reverse rake" stock because the fender opening is taller in the front than the rear.

Lowering the car makes this more noticable.

The best way to measure ride height before/after is from a fixed point on the chassis. Failing that, measuring from the top of the fender opening to the center of the hub or the floor are acceptable ways of measuring ride height.

Most cars (including the Model 3) have the appearance of "reverse rake" stock because the fender opening is taller in the front than the rear.

Lowering the car makes this more noticable.

The best way to measure ride height before/after is from a fixed point on the chassis. Failing that, measuring from the top of the fender opening to the center of the hub or the floor are acceptable ways of measuring ride height.

Yeah I kind of had a feeling that the front fender opening is just cut larger than the rear is.