Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowest Window Tint in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You really think cops are looking for cars with illegal tinted windows? Thats comical.

My buddy has limo tint all around (windshield too) on his WHITE Camaro and hasn't been pulled over.

"Laws" like this are insignificant and shouldn't be acknowledged. Tint your windows however you want.

And its easy to see at night with dark tint.

Not completely comical. #1

I've also heard the "drove my car without a front plate for 15 years with no problem" spiel, yet.. I got a ticket a few months ago for not having one. That was the only infraction, by the way, not an "add-on" to any speeding.

I'm in So Cal, got a ticket for no front license plate while parked on the street. It was a $79 ticket.

I currently have a MS, Pearl White and Color Stable 20 in the back, Crystalline CR40 for the front and CR20 for pano as they didn't have 30 and CR90 (almost clear) for the windshield. During the summer, I had the car in at the service center and got a loaner. I was wondering why the car was so hot and I realized the difference the tints made as opposed to the non tinted loaner.

In a few months, I will be giving back the S and picking up the X, I have been looking up the threads regarding Photosync film. For you Photosync owners, I'm concerned about the 75 being too dark for the windshield, do any of you guys have a clear pics from the inside of the cabin for me to make a decision on?

Also are ExtremeWerks and Fresh Window Tint, the only Photosync shops in the LA area? Also, not sure if TMC has dm, but could you guys let me know what the cost would be.

Much appreciated everyone!

Looking for recommendations for full window tinting shop in North San Diego county coastal for S P+ that will not upsell or inflate cost while willing to give 5 star job ... your time valued and appreciated.
Do a couple searches for references and experiences in other threads -- there are at least a couple choices in this part of the county, but part of that will depend if you care about the type of film you want to use. I went with Monumental Workx. They did a great job with my Photosync and I'd go back again -- no question.