Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD... it's back? (and cheaper?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a p- in June and assume there is no p- now so I will recieve the revised spec performance version announced today. Can anyone confirm ?

I doubt it. They haven’t changed the price of the P- they have discontinued it (for now).

Unless you contact them to modify your order you’ll receive the P- you ordered at the price you ordered it at. So can either stick with what you have ordered at that price, change to the LR AWD and save quite a bit of cash, or spend a little more and get the P+. I think they are your 3 options.

I spoke with Tesla at lunchtime after seeing my spec AWD was now working out at about £1,000 less. They told me that I will be charged the new price and that the invoice on my Tesla page will be altered in the next couple of days. No news about dates though.

Are you sure? Your spec is very similar to mine. I worked out the current price for the same configuration as mine to be £90 more expensive. I guess the difference between us is the colour and Black is now a cost option. Yeah, that's it.

At least you have the 19" wheels which are just not available as an option (currently). Perhaps you like the 18" Aero wheels, but owners report the 19" wheels to ride nicely and are not as easy to damage on rough roads (as the 20"). If you're not bothered about the 5% (if that) reduction in the range of the 19" Sport wheels and think they look way nicer (they do!), then perhaps it's worth sticking with them.

Also, I reckon there will be plenty of people willing to swap their 18" Aero wheels with you and prepared to pay you handsomely to do so. At one point I was looking at shipping some over from the US and with new tyres, it was going to cost me close to £3k!
Are you sure? Your spec is very similar to mine. I worked out the current price for the same configuration as mine to be £90 more expensive. I guess the difference between us is the colour and Black is now a cost option. Yeah, that's it.

At least you have the 19" wheels which are just not available as an option (currently). Perhaps you like the 18" Aero wheels, but owners report the 19" wheels to ride nicely and are not as easy to damage on rough roads (as the 20"). If you're not bothered about the 5% (if that) reduction in the range of the 19" Sport wheels and think they look way nicer (they do!), then perhaps it's worth sticking with them.

Also, I reckon there will be plenty of people willing to swap their 18" Aero wheels with you and prepared to pay you handsomely to do so. At one point I was looking at shipping some over from the US and with new tyres, it was going to cost me close to £3k!

I was contacted by Tesla yesterday to confirm my details and was told they would now do the paperwork and to expect an Aug delivery date.

I have just spoken to Tesla sales on 01628 450604 option 2 and downgraded my P- to LR AWD which is what I really wanted in the first place. Now I will have to see if this delays the delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
The issue really is that they add a model and then take the model away and then i effectively lose £660 and all they say on the phone is hard luck matey.I keep saying this that it leaves a funny taste in the mouth - all this when the car is not here yet.Odd business model but the customer is out of pocket and they will not refund that £660.They have had £3k from us all and it just does not feel right in my opinion.But who am I ? Nobody really...

Well I’ve now gone from a LR in midnight with 19’s, to a P- in midnight with aero’s to a P+ in white...... last change didn’t change my order number, was in the 0500’s as I confirmed on May 1st at 9am....... but let’s see if it changes this time!
Never had a VIN assigned that I know about, source code has a 2016 model X in it??
Asked if it would effect lead time, the reply..... did you have a specific date in mind.... I said end of August beginning of September would be nice, reply was you should not be far away from there but I can’t guarantee!!

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
It just annoys me because the P- is perfect for what I want.
Not sure I want to go down the LR/AWD with the promise of a performance unlock which may or may never come...

Ask yourself if 0-60 in 3.2 seconds vs 4.4 seconds is worth an extra £3,100? If it is, stick with the P- or even consider spending a little more for the P+ as the difference is now minimal (I use the term minimal loosely, related to Tesla pricing levels of course).

The 0-60 performance isn’t a big issue for me so I switched to the LR AWD. The lower insurance premiums and slightly improved range also impacted my thinking.

There is no wrong answer really :D

• Love
Reactions: Rooster6655
Tesla confirmed by email give them a few weeks and revised prices will be automatically applied. Just waiting for leasing company now to get confirmation from Tesla Europe

Look forward to getting the 20" wheels

I doubt it. They haven’t changed the price of the P- they have discontinued it (for now).

Unless you contact them to modify your order you’ll receive the P- you ordered at the price you ordered it at. So can either stick with what you have ordered at that price, change to the LR AWD and save quite a bit of cash, or spend a little more and get the P+. I think they are your 3 options.

Just got a text:

Tesla Update: Pricing for your Model 3 has been adjusted. The total will be brought down in your Tesla Account shortly to reflect current pricing...

LR AWD on order since 10th May. Definite improvement in communication from the previous changes.

Reactions: navt
It just annoys me because the P- is perfect for what I want.
Not sure I want to go down the LR/AWD with the promise of a performance unlock which may or may never come...

I'm in the same boat - got a VIN and don't wan't to lose it. Don't really want P+ as I prefer a softer ride and don't like the look of the spoiler etc. But I also don't wan't to lose the extra performance that I've now sold myself on. I agree that P- was the perfect combination... it just feels slightly worse value than it did yesterday!

I think we're going to stick with it. We plan to keep the car for a good while so I'm less concerned about residuals etc.

For anyone that ordered the P- the P+ is now only £500 extra which for anyone who actually ordered the P+ is laughing, I couldn't justify the price hike to a P+ before seeing as the only benefit I liked were the wheels and they come with their downsides, now I am not so sure.

I am defiantly not having the P- so its either the LR or the P+ so will have to work the pros and cons out long term.

I have a dilemma with these new price changes. :confused:

My original order was LR AWD, 19" wheels in Pearl white, no FSD, total cost was £50,800.
I've priced up a M3P in Pearl White, full performance package, total cost £49,990.

I'm aware that Tesla will probably amend my invoice and the total will reduce, but I can now go Full Fat and have the Performance version for less than I was going to originally pay.

Should I be on the phone to Tesla tomorrow morning asking them to up spec me? :D

I originally wanted LR AWD, so ended up ordering a P- but held back on FSD to keep costs down, with this change I am going to change to LR AWD and add FSD. I pay a little more than my order and get what I want.

Downside it resets my order but I haven't got a VIN yet so no major loss i think.