Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA in SLC was unable to figure it out so I called the location in Scottsdale and they immediately knew what was up due to the influx of calls from people pointed their way over on Reddit. Call the Scottsdale location at 4809463735. I didn't catch the SA's name but he had me hooked up with a white P3D- in about 2 minutes. He said he will contact the SLC store and tell them how to do this also so you might be able to get ahold of your normal SA and see if they know how to do it now.
Thanks for the info! By chance, is your service advisor in SLC "To***"? I'm trying to text him but haven't gotten a reply.

I didn't even have to cancel my order. Seems like he was just able to change the order from the P3D+ I had reserved to one of the P3D- they have in pre-production.
I couldn’t get my SA so I ordered a second car then just canceled rather than wait for SA and miss the chance. So worth $100. You are correct your SA can just change if they know how. SA knowledge is a huge gap.

Thanks for the info! By chance, is your service advisor in SLC "To***"? I'm trying to text him but haven't gotten a reply.

Yes. Good luck getting him to respond to texts. I have to call the location and ask to speak to him or chat with a person on the Tesla web page and they can somehow get him to call me back. Just call Scottsdale. They will be able to get you sorted out in a few minutes.

Yes. Good luck getting him to respond to texts. I have to call the location and ask to speak to him or chat with a person on the Tesla web page and they can somehow get him to call me back. Just call Scottsdale. They will be able to get you sorted out in a few minutes.
They don't seem especially helpful here in SLC. I'm here too guys and I had to call California to get a VIN assigned. I will be at the Cybertruck event being hosted by the SLC store tonight! You guys going?

I couldn’t get my SA so I ordered a second car then just canceled rather than wait for SA and miss the chance. So worth $100. You are correct your SA can just change if they know how. SA knowledge is a huge gap.

I don't understand why you had to create a duplicate order and cancel your original order? The SA I spoke with (not my assigned SA) was able to just change my order for free.

They don't seem especially helpful here in SLC. I'm here too guys and I had to call California to get a VIN assigned. I will be at the Cybertruck event being hosted by the SLC store tonight! You guys going?

That was my experience at the SLC store when I went down to test drive a car 6 months ago. I arrived without an appointment to test drive a car as was clearly encouraged on the Tesla webpage and when I showed up there were a bunch of SAs just sitting around. I asked to test drive and they asked if I had an appointment which I didn't. They told me sorry, you'll have to make an appointment and come back later. I looked around and the store was completely devoid of customers. It was only after I complained that I drove almost an hour to the store for the test drive did one of them "do me a huge favor" and let me drive one in chill mode for about 5 minutes before the car "had to be back for a scheduled test drive" by someone who still never showed up 30 min later. I expected it to be low pressure compared to a normal dealership but this was ridiculous. Just about had to beg for someone to help me out. Anndddd.... it turns out the attitude at that store hasn't changed much in the 6 months since now that I am ready to actually purchase a car.

I think that SA was mistaken. Sorry it cost you $100. :(

Not mistaken, as it has been the situation with several of these orders, including mine. The showroom manager emailed/texted/called the delivery team at Tesla Corporate. He said he couldn't assign a VIN for a car that hasn't already been produced.

This seems to vary by order, so perhaps it's unique to individual orders. Whatever the situation, the store manager is giving me a $100 "showroom accommodation" for the "lost" $100.

But even that is unnecessary in California and in several other states. In spite of what the website says, the $100 IS refundable due to state laws. It's illegal here (and elsewhere) to take a deposit on a car and then not deliver it. There are posts here that confirm receiving the $100 credit after cancelling orders.

I Got my P3D+ that was ordered on 10/20 switched to a stealth by my SA.
My $100 deposit still applied, and now I have a VIN (source code)
Was hoping there would not be a delivery charge, but no luck :(

Weird that you have to pay a delivery charge. I was told that I wouldn't have to pay one because the car is staying within the same region as it was originally slated for (southwest region, I guess?).