Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Power Boost to 270kW (362 horsepower)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per this article, Model Y's rear motor is outputting 270.5kW. The current LR RWD puts out 211kW (per Wikipedia).

As far as I've heard, the rear motor of the LR RWD is the same as the performance motor. What are the chances that we get a (paid) power boost all the way to 270.5kW on RWD cars? Should put 0-60 in the mid to low 4 second range and the 30-70 would be breathtaking.

I'd be willing to pay up to $1,000 for this and I'm sure a lot of us would.

Reactions: HAWX 12
Per this article, Model Y's rear motor is outputting 270.5kW. The current LR RWD puts out 211kW (per Wikipedia).

As far as I've heard, the rear motor of the LR RWD is the same as the performance motor. What are the chances that we get a (paid) power boost all the way to 270.5kW on RWD cars? Should put 0-60 in the mid to low 4 second range and the 30-70 would be breathtaking.

I'd be willing to pay up to $1,000 for this and I'm sure a lot of us would.

With no ability to make cars for US and Europe right now, one would think Telsa would invest some time and research in coming up with additional paid software upgrade options for all Model 3 variations. Would be a good way to bring in some income over the next month or so.

Given the AWD upgrade that is optional OTA is $2000 ; I think your $1000 figure is not realistic though.

What are the chances that we get a (paid) power boost all the way to 270.5kW on RWD cars? Should put 0-60 in the mid to low 4 second range and the 30-70 would be breathtaking.
I'd also love a power boost option for my LR RWD, but I believe it is already maximizing the rear motor output. I've attached a screenshot of my car on the track putting out 266 kw. The problem is that it can only maintain that for a narrow RPM range. The best 0-60 I've ever gotten is 4.9, even after all power boosts. Still, maybe it would be possible for them to increase the range at which the max power is available, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

266.png