Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the US at least premium connectivity is free for life and is there for things like map updates, music etc.

No, it's not been free for life for a while now (for some older vehicles it is). You get 1 year free with newer Model 3s etc. However, Tesla has yet to finalize and implement the pricing structure, so currently it's free for everyone with a premium interior.

Last edited:
No, it's not been free for life for a while now (for some older vehicles it is). You get 1 year free with newer Model 3s etc. However, Tesla has yet to finalize and implement the pricing structure, so currently it's free for everyone with a premium interior.
Hmm, good to know. I have it free for life but maybe that's just what they were offering when I ordered. Actually, now that I'm typing this out I believe that was the case. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: WilliamG
As I understand now LTE will always be available on car for safety updated and traffic.

Premium Connectivity means you have live traffic/satellite. You get traffic aware directions regardless of package.

Currently we all seem to have it but that may change when the connectivity packages roll out, eventually.

To your question specifically: LTE is the network, i.e the mobile network. Premium is what you're allowed to do on it, ie. apps like Netflix etc.