Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Upgrade cost has gone down :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2014 S85 3G started having connectivity issues after the last 1-2 OTA updates. They checked the logs and said my 3g module is having issues starting up sometimes. They said it'll be fixed if I upgrade to the LTE module. I got a quote for that today - $630

Total Parts: $500
Total Labor: $87.50
Subtotal (USD): $587.50
Tax: $42.59
Total Amount (USD): $630.09

Just wow! :O

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
My 2014 S85 3G started having connectivity issues after the last 1-2 OTA updates. They checked the logs and said my 3g module is having issues starting up sometimes. They said it'll be fixed if I upgrade to the LTE module. I got a quote for that today - $630

Total Parts: $500
Total Labor: $87.50
Subtotal (USD): $587.50
Tax: $42.59
Total Amount (USD): $630.09

Just wow! :O

If its under warranty and the fix is to replace the part with a new modem - not sure why you get a quoted bill for. Assuming of course, you're under warranty.

According to this post on Reddit yellowing MCUs will he replaces under warranty. I’m curious if someone is getting this replacement done, if there would be an extra charge (apart from parts) to upgrade to LTE.

Would depend on your SC or Ranger. The modem is right under the screen, so once screen is being replaced, it's about another 2 minutes of work to replace the modem..

Reactions: camthehombre
Nope. I've heard of people buying the parts and doing it themselves but my buddy tried to order them and the Salt Lake City service center said those parts are no longer available to order. Something about them only being available to Tesla service, not just the average Joe