TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ludicrous Upgrades Outside of Fremont?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by tstafford, Dec 17, 2015.

1. tstafford

tstafford Member

Has anyone gotten the upgrade, scheduled the upgrade, seen a list of SCs that will be performing the upgrade, heard anything from Tesla regarding the upgrade outside of Fremont?

Thanks.
    Tim
    (Patiently (sort of) waiting for the upgrade)

2. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

No news here in Metro DC. I believe the upgrades will be happening at Tyco and not Rockville as originally thought. As of a few days ago the service guys didn't have a timeline, nor could they tell me my position in line. It's not their fault.. go easy on them.

3. Evee

Evee Member

Nothing here in Vegas yet.

4. electrish

electrish I Sing the Body Electric

I was told a couple of weeks ago that the batteries in Ohio would be send to Columbus.
    Other than that, nothing concrete yet!

5. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

Paramus NJ indicated sometime in January to the best of their knowledge

6. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

I am 15th out of 57 waiting at Van Nuys, CA. They have no idea if and when.

7. tstafford

tstafford Member

Yikes. I suppose I'm first on the list in Nashville meaning I'm number 647 in the country or something! Sort of like Vanderbilt is the Harvard of the South. Will be interesting to see if I get Ludy before my lease runs out in 2018!

8. Dbitter1

Dbitter1 Journeyman Member

Crickets from Chicago SC. :(

9. Fluke

Fluke Member

I spoke to the service center in Kansas City yesterday and found that they will be doing upgrades and have received some of the equipment needed to do the work in the past several weeks. No commitment on when they will start doing the upgrades here, but I did find out I am first on the list of about 20 in the area.

10. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

11. pjk

pjk Member

Nothing here in NY yet

12. Fluke

Fluke Member

#12 Fluke, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    The KC service center has started to receive parts to perform ludicrous upgrades and they have me scheduled to come in on the 9th of Feb.

13. rays427

rays427 Member

I contacted the the Rocklin, CA Service Center a couple of weeks ago requesting information on when they would start the upgrades. They sent me the following message:[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]At this time we have not performed retrofits for the ludicrous upgrade at our facility, it has been done at the Fremont facility in the past. Good news is; you can go onto the Tesla website under, “Tesla Gear” and purchase the upgrade. Once we receive all of the parts via mail we will reach out to you in regards to setting up an appointment and install the upgrade for you.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I hope this information answers all of your questions. If you have any further questions or concerns please do feel free to contact me using my information below. I sent a message back to them that I had paid the $500 down payment on September 26 and had called the service center before that to be put on the list for the update. At the time I called which was a couple of days after the upgrade was first announced I was told I was the 20th person on the list at Rocklin. It's interesting they are starting to install the upgrades in in other parts of the country. I wonder what the % of upgrades have been performed to date? I would guess it's pretty low.[/FONT]

14. stevesol

stevesol Member

University City (St. Louis) will be getting a limited number of kits (probably less than 5 for round one) soon, likely late this week or next week. Looking forward to a call sometime!