Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lunch Destinations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the spirit of the $100 hamburger in the aviation community, I would like to gather destinations to visit primarily as an excuse to drive my car. The principle behind the $100 hamburger is many people who own personal aircraft will find airports with restaurants then fly there for lunch just for a reason to use their plane. Thus cost to travel there, and the cost of the food gives you a $100 hamburger.

So what superchargers of destination chargers do you recommend Tesla owners can travel to for lunch?

Having visited most SC on the east coast, many have so many food options that it is hard pick one out. But I would be curious to hear about any amazing restaurants folks have found. I do really like the sushi place at the Port Orange SC.

PSL, Melbourne (new), and Port Orange all have great options. However, the PO SC always has some chargers down and the rate is usually slow. Oh, don't bother with the WPB SC. Although its at a Service Center, there are really NO options. I am kinda disappointed in the limited choices at the Plantation SC. Fort Drum is just the Turnpike Plaza. South Orlando is just a Wawa, but perhaps there are walking distance restaurants.Turkey Lake is just another Turnpike Plaza. I really like the mall at the Ocala SC and there are a few options there. St. Augustine is just okay. It is located at an outlet mall, but the food options are sub-par (its a Food Court, if you are into that kinda thing).

Don't know how far you plan to travel, but Kingsland is pretty limited. I do love the quaintness of the Kingsland Welcome Center, but after a visit or two, it does wear. Savannah is at the airport. The options were limited there last summer because of renovations (it's not a big airport). Santee is pretty limited. Clark's Inn and Restaurant is a proper sit down, but dated and nothing real special. Myrtle Beach is in a big mall and has lots of options.

If you pull up the SC map on your computer, it will give you a list of all the restaurants at that SC. It will also tell you how to get free parking, etc.

Your question reminds me of what I have always thought (and suggested to Elon) would be a great Easter Egg for the cars: Geocaching. Telsa could set up locations for us to find with our cars (getting out and using clues and phones) to give and take either Tesla swag or other items. I always make 2 or 3 new friends at Superchargers. I think this is the kinda thing that would just add to the experience of owning the best car on the road.

Cheers and see ya at a SC soon!

1. If you are a BBQ fan, take a road trip to the Brandon, FL supercharger and then head to First Choice BBQ about one half mile West on HWY 60 on the south side of the road (in the SW corner of the strip center with the Home Depot).

Next door to First Choice is a great oriental market - you can stock up on all of your hard to find ingredients to cook a nice oriental meal for dinner when you get home.

2. Head to the St Pete Supercharger at the WaWa on Gandy Blvd in Pinellas Park ( 3101 Gandy Blvd, Pinellas Park, FL 33782). On your way back east on Gandy Blvd, stop at “The Getaway” on the right side of the road before you cross the bridge to Tampa (The Getaway – Tampa, FL). Outdoor beach sand seating on a beautiful waterway with views of the bay (manatees and dolphins are a regular visitor). Good food, good drinks, and usually live music on weekends. Also a fun spot to rent a stand up paddle board and explore the nearby mangrove tunnels.

Reactions: LoL Rick
The Florida City SC is in the parking lot of a Sonny's BBQ. Granted it's a chain but it's still pretty good. I wouldn't say competition good but nevertheless good. I recommend the corn nugget and BBQ pork egg roll thing.

And a short drive from there once your done charging is "Robert is here". It's a weird name but it's like a permanent outdoor green market/fruit stand that is world famous for it's shakes and smoothies. There is always a line but it's totally worth it! Perfect way to finish your salty BBQ meal with a sweet dessert. Just look on TripAdvisor.

Key Lime Milk shake anyone? Who's up for a road trip? I'm craving one now.

Captain Eddy's in Nokomis for seafood, doubles as a fish market is just north of Venice, or swing by Mote Marine Aquarium in Sarasota they have a destination charger, could walk down to the Salty Dog which is very close. Mote is a nice smaller aquarium we tend to buy membership even though we live in WI. I realize living down there you might not be looking for the tourist thing but still we enjoy Mote. The place in Clearwater that horribly exploits the disabled dolphin, wouldn't go back there for free.

If you actually wanted to take a personal plane the diner at the Venice Airport is good. Sharky's on the pier is grossly overrated.

In the spirit of the $100 hamburger in the aviation community, I would like to gather destinations to visit primarily as an excuse to drive my car. The principle behind the $100 hamburger is many people who own personal aircraft will find airports with restaurants then fly there for lunch just for a reason to use their plane. Thus cost to travel there, and the cost of the food gives you a $100 hamburger.

So what superchargers of destination chargers do you recommend Tesla owners can travel to for lunch?
Hi Bruce,

Great idea for a thread!

Aventura Mall has tons of restaurants and now it has 35 Urban Style Supercharger terminals in their new parking garage ass well as a new Tesla Store.

One of our club's Event Coordinator is in the process of organizing a club meet-up for brunch/lunch at the Mall on June 23rd. So please pencil in the date on your calendars. I hope to have the details soon and I will be sending out an event announcement to our membership as well as posting it here on the Tesla Motor Club forum.

Larry

Last edited:
The Sarasota Supercharger Station has 20 Standard Supercharger terminals. It is located behind the Zoes Kitchen Mediterranean style restaurant. Across the street are a Stonewood Grill & Tavern and a Carrabass Italian Grille. We've had club meet-up at both of those restaurants. A mile away is the University Town Center Mall (utc). UTC has destination chargers and a wide selection of restaurants and a Tesla Store. My favorites are the Kona Grill and Season's 52. We have had several club events at the Kona Grill and one club event at Season's 52. In addition, you can probably get that $100 hamburger at The Capital Grille. ;-)

Larry

Ocala Supercharger for Good Mexican Food!
Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant! isn't visible from the Superchargers in Ocala, but it's only about 100-yard walk.
Agree! We found that place a month or so ago when charging on way to Gainesville from Tampa, fun atmosphere and good food. Chips are house made and so is the awesome salsa. There was a Mimi's chain restaurant and Japanese place even shorter walks. The Ocala chargers are in a pretty good spot I think -- far enough away that they are not competing with commercial parking.

The Wawa supercharger in Tampa (50th St) is not too difficult a walk to Brocatos Brocato’s Sandwich Shop - Tampa, FL this is a very good very popular sandwich joint famous for their devil crab and Cuban sandwich. 5 min walk. Other options to eat are Wawa (edible) and Burger King. The problem with this charger is that they are primo spaces in an always-crowded parking lot, so from morning through lunch there are times when people are in every space (not Teslas). They don't stay long of course, but I wish they had put them further away, it gets very congested getting in and out. With that said, its a very well placed location for on and off I-4 quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: BBryson
The new Altamonte Springs Supercharger is within easy walking distance to some good chain restaurants.

I always like when there is a Starbucks near a Supercharger, and there is a Starbucks located here.

I have never been to a Jason's Deli, so that's where we had lunch. Very Good. Not quite a TooJay's, but a deli-style and atmosphere.

Reactions: suwaneedad
The new Altamonte Springs Supercharger is within easy walking distance to some good chain restaurants.

I always like when there is a Starbucks near a Supercharger, and there is a Starbucks located here.

I have never been to a Jason's Deli, so that's where we had lunch. Very Good. Not quite a TooJay's, but a deli-style and atmosphere.
Hi Bruce,

We are going to have a meet-up and lunch that will be open to the public near this Supercharger at Seasons 52 on September 29th.

Join Us to Celebrate the Opening of the Altamonte Springs Supercharger Station

Larry

I'm looking for a new lunch destination trip from Orlando. I missed the club event at the OL Corral Gun Club. Is it a good location to travel to for lunch?
Hi Bruce,

The OK Corral Gun Club is a great place to go to shoot and even stay overnight at one of their cute cabins with their Colorado Mining Town theme. They have two Tesla Connectors. However, it is at least a 2-hour drive from Orlando, it's off the beaten path and in my opinion it is not a destination that I would choose just for a lunch.

It's popular with some of our club members who like to target shot and take lessons and we have had two events there. We may plan another weekend club event there if there is sufficient interest.

Larry