Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luxury Car Tax RIP - Budget 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb question but it's not the lease company that gets the money from the PICG is it? It's Tesla isn't it? Don't understand why they would price in the £500 reduction in grant when in real terms the LR has actually gone down in price by £10.

Resurrecting this old thread to share that ZenAuto have agreed to reduce my monthly lease charges by £25 a month as they no longer have to cover the Luxury Car Tax in the car costs.

Took a few polite emails but suspect it’s not something that they are going to offer unprompted.

Now to find out how to get the rear heated seats switched on in a lease car. That’s a good use of the first year’s saving :)

Resurrecting this old thread to share that ZenAuto have agreed to reduce my monthly lease charges by £25 a month as they no longer have to cover the Luxury Car Tax in the car costs.

Took a few polite emails but suspect it’s not something that they are going to offer unprompted.

Now to find out how to get the rear heated seats switched on in a lease car. That’s a good use of the first year’s saving :)

Hi mate - is this a new lease (so they are altering the quote), or is it an existing lease? If existing, those of us also with ZenAuto presumably should be dropping them a line?

What else can lease companies alter mid term?
It was in their T&Cs that I would be liable to pay any increase in VED during the term of the lease. No mention of what would happen if VED reduced (not a common event). I just asked what they thought was reasonable - a direct saving should be passed on in the same way a direct cost would be.
Sign of a good company that they haven’t tried to pocket it

They have reduced my payment by £16/m before tax is paid. I have asked them to explain why it isn't nearer to the £25 mentioned earlier!!!
Would depend on how long your lease is and at what point they are applying it. The reduction is £300 per year from year two onwards. If you are early in a two year lease, £16pm could be ok. If not, the lease company are trying to keep some of the saving to increase their margin on the deal