Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 2021 aircon issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

A few weeks ago my refresh M3 started to develop an issue with the aircon that wasn't there before.

I always have a/c turned "on" and "Auto" enabled and let the system do the work. Recently however, it regularly drops the a/c and the windows start to steam up immediately.

To get rid of that, I then have to manually turn a/c back on or activate the front demister.

Anyone have an idea what that could be please?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no ... doesn't seem to make a difference. Even with circulate on the a/c should take moisture from the air I think, unless I'm wrong.

It's not a big drama but never had that in any car before and also not in the M3 since I got it in March.

Might not be an air-con issue.

It might be condensation evaporating on the Heat Pump pipework and making it's way into the cabin, if the Battery Management system is suddenly pushing heat through those cold/wet pipes.

When stationary at a Supercharger, I've had plumes of white condensation clouds being expressed from under the bonnet and front wheel arches... truly scary the first time it happened after about 20 mins Supercharging... on a cold wet damp day.