Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 been in bodyshop for 5+ months - both batteries dead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ticketed at 1.30pm on 2nd. But email on 1st states you can drive immediately.
yeah you should be able to but the system that does the VED and the one the police use are not linked in real time only by nightly batch jobs so if the batch has not run (and it may have not run on the bank holiday, or it may have crashed) this sort of thing can happen. The safest thing is not to wait until the day after your tax expires to buy the new one tbh. Should not be necessary but it does eliminate the risk of this happening.
DVLA's systems are not as up-to date as you think. The Drivers system of record is a mainframe launched in 1990 and the vehicles backend system is circa 2003

Well as someone who needs to send his TM3 in for body work following a fault prang it’s mildly terrifying!

What should I be saying to my insurance? Insisting on a Tesla Approved body shop presumably?
Same. My car is being collected tomorrow for minor rear bumper damage (5mph bump) and going to Mitchell Inglis in Glasgow. I'm hoping its a repair rather than a replacement thats needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: DaveNN
Complaint in with insurer, be interesting to see the outcome.

Garage finally charged the car on Wednesday, even after not responding for 2 weeks. Seem to have been moving it around a bit. Finally got a reponse to them today.

“We are working on the vehicle and had to do a temporary repair to the head lamp as the light supplied was wrong and there is no date from tesla for a light as back order. Doing a temporary repair means we can get the car back to you on Tuesday and will update you on Monday to make sure everything is okay.

Apologies I haven’t realised anyone had not responded to your emails and will take this up with staff members.”

So 9 months and they still can’t sort a headlight out😂😂

Same. My car is being collected tomorrow for minor rear bumper damage (5mph bump) and going to Mitchell Inglis in Glasgow. I'm hoping its a repair rather than a replacement thats needed.
Mitchell Inglis know what they're doing and did an excellent job of repairing my M3 after a collision with a deer last year. You may have a wait for parts but they will do a quality job.

Reactions: sparkymark75
Mitchell Inglis know what they're doing and did an excellent job of repairing my M3 after a collision with a deer last year. You may have a wait for parts but they will do a quality job.
Well the repair completion date shown on the web page they sent me is this Wednesday (7 working days). I did ask if the bumper was being repaired or replaced via their progress website but no response!

They replaced the bumper which was not bad time wise considering they took the car last Tuesday and I received it back today. It was actually ready to come back yesterday but I wanted it delivered via a loader rather than them driving it to me.

Unfortunately it has to go right back next week as there's a lump on the edge of the bumper. At first I thought it was a paint run but when I sent the body shop the photos, he reckoned the bumper was actually damaged and the painter and QA guy should have spotted it. I noticed it right away so god knows how they missed it. Unless of course, the paint guy dropped the bumper and caused the damage and hoped I wouldn't notice! So it goes back Tuesday and I'll get it back a couple of days later on the Thursday.

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 49
Install something like TeslaFi before it goes in and take note of mileage ;) you get a couple of weeks free trial of TeslaFi (double if you use a referral) and takes a few minutes to enable. That might give you peace of mind if the car was moved away from where you expected. Tbh you could probably have retrospectively enabled it when you suspected car as being awol.

They replaced the bumper which was not bad time wise considering they took the car last Tuesday and I received it back today. It was actually ready to come back yesterday but I wanted it delivered via a loader rather than them driving it to me.

Unfortunately it has to go right back next week as there's a lump on the edge of the bumper. At first I thought it was a paint run but when I sent the body shop the photos, he reckoned the bumper was actually damaged and the painter and QA guy should have spotted it. I noticed it right away so god knows how they missed it. Unless of course, the paint guy dropped the bumper and caused the damage and hoped I wouldn't notice! So it goes back Tuesday and I'll get it back a couple of days later on the Thursday.
Looks like deformation of the plastic to me. I would say it has been dropped on that corner at some point prior to being painted. Annoying