Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 bumping right on Autosteer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question: has anyone else seen this behaviour? While on Autosteer, maybe one time out of ten, the car will decide to track as close to the right-hand side of the lane you’re in as it can, and ‘bump’ along - constantly doing small steering movements right. It feels like it’s bumping along against some invisible right side wall. If you leave it, it feels like it’ll eventually get so close, it’ll cross the right side of the lane (haven’t tried for obv reasons). It feels both dangerous and uncomfortable.

Disengaging then re-engaging doesn’t change the behaviour. It just seems to magically fix itself after a few more miles. And then magically come back again.

Anyone else experienced this?

Have you had your tracking adjusted? I had something similar years ago where the car tried to throw me off the road when engaging AP and it was the steering wheel position sensors. They might need calibrating, you can do it via the hidden service menu but given the importance of the steering, I’d let Tesla do it.

Reactions: craigpugsley
Quick question: has anyone else seen this behaviour? While on Autosteer, maybe one time out of ten, the car will decide to track as close to the right-hand side of the lane you’re in as it can, and ‘bump’ along - constantly doing small steering movements right. It feels like it’s bumping along against some invisible right side wall. If you leave it, it feels like it’ll eventually get so close, it’ll cross the right side of the lane (haven’t tried for obv reasons). It feels both dangerous and uncomfortable.

Disengaging then re-engaging doesn’t change the behaviour. It just seems to magically fix itself after a few more miles. And then magically come back again.

Anyone else experienced this?
Not experienced this. Needs to be reported to Service in my opinion.

Reactions: hgmichna