Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Key FOB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After paying $550 for my OnePlus 6T, I still have plenty of money left over to buy a fob. My phone is comparable to a Apple phone costing double.

So OnePlus6T doesn't work 100% on the car? I have a LG G4 and someone here said installing Bluetooth Auto Connect app seems to help. I installed last weekend and this week so far it has been working 100%. Battery seems to drain a little faster though.

I ordered one - for those times the car is being driven by someone not us - the card oddly still baffles folks.

Since my iPhone8 works at near 100% this is for times when the phone and/or a card is not as practical - the online receipt didn't say when it expects to ship..
I not so sure it is that useful to use when giving it to a friend to use. They will need to be informed that one click locks and two clicks unlocks the car.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I not so sure it is that useful to use when giving it to a friend to use. They will need to be informed that one click locks and two clicks unlocks the car.

Well that doesn't sound to hard to me, especially since my car beeps on lock. Honestly the whole card key against the window and dash seems way more 'unusual' to folks used to old fashion keys from what I have seen..

Without passive entry, this device is useless. Moreover, the fact that Tesla is even selling one is evidence that they in fact have a lemon issue with many of their cars. In my case the phone often does not work and when it does, the car will not shift into drive. The card works mostly, but rarely in the morning when the car is presumably in a deep sleep. It can take 30 or more seconds for the car to wake up and unlock.

Well that doesn't sound to hard to me, especially since my car beeps on lock. Honestly the whole card key against the window and dash seems way more 'unusual' to folks used to old fashion keys from what I have seen..

Yeah I agree. It is easier than explaining the tap on pillar to lock and unlock. If it was free, I would order one to keep in the glove box for valet LOL. Since it is non-passive, there is no chance of it in the box keeping the car unlocked like the X or the S.

I almost impossible to believe such a tech forward company like Tesla who prides themselves on their software genius can't even work out how to allow passive entry on their key fob. Most decent embedded engineers know how to utilize processor sleep states properly.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I just got the 'shipped' email - I'm looking forward to seeing how well, or not, it works

Look forward to your feedback when you get it.

After picking up our Model 3 we decided to have separate accounts but with both of us on each others accounts since we will undoubtedly switch cars on occasion so contacted them about setting it up for that. In any even for the past few days I haven't had my car on my app, just my husband's, so have had to use just the key card. To me it's inconvenient. I have to pull it out of my purse and for the life of me sometimes it works first attempt, but most other times I have to play around with it. Maybe it's me not knowing exactly where my car wants the card but honestly I've tried. Feel foolish swiping and tapping the card against the pillar around the sensor area. Since I have PUP I know when it does works as the mirror unfold, same for locking (and did enable the audio on lock as an extra precaution in general). Still haven't been able to always replicate the success based on where it does work.

For me despite not wanting to spend the money for the fob I can have it in my jacket or coat pocket and click while walking to the car. Better than standing out there with my key card pulled out. Especially when rainy season starts. I don't use summons so that would not be a big deal to me although I realize a lot of other people use it. I'm on the latest v9 software so maybe another update will improve it.