Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Key FOB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't it ironic that we now consider a $550 phone a bargain? I'm hanging onto my iPhone 8+ until it dies.

Prices for phones are getting ridiculous. I got the X because I wanted Qi charger and a bigger screen than the 8 without the size of the +. At this point, there are only two future features that will get me to buy a new phone - 5G or 3.5mm jack. I don't see either one being on an iPhone any time soon.

Reactions: McQ14
Prices for phones are getting ridiculous. I got the X because I wanted Qi charger and a bigger screen than the 8 without the size of the +. At this point, there are only two future features that will get me to buy a new phone - 5G or 3.5mm jack. I don't see either one being on an iPhone any time soon.

Oh, it would be so great to have that 3.5mm jack back in the phone!

Reactions: TT97
Isn't it ironic that we now consider a $550 phone a bargain? I'm hanging onto my iPhone 8+ until it dies.

My Galaxy S5 has been running fine for 4 years, I did a full wipe-n-reload this summer to clear it out and reset everything, software-wise, which helped. But Phone-as-a-key still SUCKS. I'm not getting another phone until this one blows up, and even then, it won't be the current model, I'll get a Galaxy S7 or S8 or S-whatever isn't the current version. It'll be almost as good and a whole lot cheaper!

I received my fobs. Unlike some of the photos I saw, it is just the fob without any way to attach it to a keychain. No instructions either.

What planet do Tesla engineers work on? Maybe they are on Mars already where no one has a key chain? Unbelievable.

Reactions: apacheguy
I received my fobs. Unlike some of the photos I saw, it is just the fob without any way to attach it to a keychain. No instructions either.

What planet do Tesla engineers work on? Maybe they are on Mars already where no one has a key chain? Unbelievable.
The latest version of the Owner's Manual (11/12/2018) now includes a section on the recently released key fob. There's also an explanation of how to attach a lanyard:
Attaching a Lanyard
The Model 3 key fob accessory includes a small lanyard. To attach the lanyard, release the bottom cover as described above. Place the lanyard over the pin located between the slots on the widest side of the key fob. Realign the cover and snap into place.
QUESTION: Do they actually provide a lanyard in the box with the fob as stated in the manual?

So OnePlus6T doesn't work 100% on the car? I have a LG G4 and someone here said installing Bluetooth Auto Connect app seems to help. I installed last weekend and this week so far it has been working 100%. Battery seems to drain a little faster though.
where do I get Bluetooth Auto Connect app and how to install it. are there instructions somewhere?

So I was reading the owners manual because I'm a huge nerd. And the FCC certification for the key fob is titled "Key and Passive Unlocking System", so perhaps passive entry via fob will be coming at a later point.

Perhaps it will but will most certainly require a Gen2 key fob. I’m waiting until Tesla introduces a key fob compatible with the 21st century.