Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Key FOB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

Doesn't support passive entry? That makes the fob less useful, right?
It makes it almost as good as a Toyota fob from five years ago. Good try, Tesla.
Robin

$150 makes this the most expensive fob Tesla sells. What a scam. My Android phone works about 25% of the time. Often I get in the car and it wants the card pulled from my wallet to tap the center console. Hugely inconvenient.

Tesla should cut us some slack for their shoddy engineering. Instead they scam us like they did with the $1500 paint option for color paint, $5K for adaptive cruise control and lane keeping that my $22K Nissan includes, forced Premium interior option for anyone wanting a full tax credit. I feel like those Apple tools who pay double for a new phone.

The second there is another AWD electric option, I am done with Tesla. I will not miss them either.

CDN$200 in the Canada Store. Doesn’t say anything about summon but presumably should work. Don’t have that update yet though.

The description said nothing about summon. I am pretty sure it won't summon when it can't even do passive entry. I wonder if they are going to sell this one first.... and later on came out with a more expansive keyfob that supports passive entry. Make double the money.

At $150, I'm sticking with the card in my wallet. My phone is so old it doesn't handle the Tesla app for walkup-unlock, and apparently this $150 deal, which is an even bigger key than the Saab 9-3 key that's now hanging on my refrigerator, doesn't support that.

sigh.