Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Door panel trim and steering wheel changes (no stitching at 10 and 2 positions, denoting possible heated elements) now live on UK config. SR+ has option 19” wheels too.

Software screen not updated with “holiday” release however

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
That’s interesting. I’m waiting for Tesla to fit new door cards to my 2021 car due to transport protection damaging them. They keep pushing back the appointment as they don’t have the parts yet.

Wonder if I’ll get new cards with the wood at the top? I quite like them.

Prefer the old door cards myself. Interestingly there’s no mention of “heated steering wheel” in the interior spec list (on either premium or partial), but as said the lack of stitching would imply it does.

The interior spec HAS been updated to say that the wing mirrors are auto-dimming - again - though, so it’s not like it hasn’t been changed at all.

So what’s right? The image (which could’ve just been copy and pasted from the MIC website) or the text (which someone might’ve just forgotten to fully update)? Classic Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
Prefer the old door cards myself. Interestingly there’s no mention of “heated steering wheel” in the interior spec list (on either premium or partial), but as said the lack of stitching would imply it does.

The interior spec HAS been updated to say that the wing mirrors are auto-dimming - again - though, so it’s not like it hasn’t been changed at all.

So what’s right? The image (which could’ve just been copy and pasted from the MIC website) or the text (which someone might’ve just forgotten to fully update)? Classic Tesla.
Worth noting that MIC Model Y now has heated steering wheel (confirmed with pics of UI controls) and is identical (no stitching)

My 2021 car has auto dimming mirrors and a seamless wheel, so I wouldn’t read much into it. It’ll just be the website catching up with what’s being fitted to the cars.

64113FAC-2949-447F-8C45-BDD826C87F2B.jpeg

• Informative
Interior change on the doors for black seems pretty modest but white you lose the white panels on the doors in both the front and back seats, that were (in my mind) part of the upgrade.

And I don't understand why they haven't done something to make the wood look a bit more "premium".

I had an interesting discussion about my M3P order just now with an online Tesla chat person.

My question was, since my order was placed before new door cards and steering wheels, what can I expect to receive (delivery listed as May) when my car arrives. The answer was initially as follows...

"So the Door card changes and the heated steering wheel have only be officially announced for the Performance Model 3 in China, There's no official word weather these changes will come into the UK and if they do when this will be the case. Unfortunately we wont know until this shipment arrive at the end off Feb. and i would expect delivery 2-3 week in March, as this is when we plan to start delivering at volume to the country"

A few minutes later as we typed, he received an email from his line manager and confirmed that...

"Andrew would you believe I've just got an official email confirming the Door cards haha...

So all new orders will be migrated to the New Door cards so you'll be guaranteed these, NO word on a heated steering wheel tho unfortunately
"

So if you've ordered this year with that May delivery, it looks like it should have the new bits on it, and I think we can confirm that this will almost certainly include a heated steering wheel.

• Helpful
My 2021 car has auto dimming mirrors and a seamless wheel, so I wouldn’t read much into it. It’ll just be the website catching up with what’s being fitted to the cars.

View attachment 628010

Hmmmm. Parts catalogue specifically mentions Made In China for the heated steering wheel. I haven't heard of any UK Model 3's being made in China so assume your car isn't, but maybe some parts sourced the same? Or simply a running change not reflected in the parts catalogue yet.

URL="What would/will you pay for heated steering wheel?"]What would/will you pay for heated steering wheel?[/URL]

• Informative
I had an interesting discussion about my M3P order just now with an online Tesla chat person.

My question was, since my order was placed before new door cards and steering wheels, what can I expect to receive (delivery listed as May) when my car arrives. The answer was initially as follows...

"So the Door card changes and the heated steering wheel have only be officially announced for the Performance Model 3 in China, There's no official word weather these changes will come into the UK and if they do when this will be the case. Unfortunately we wont know until this shipment arrive at the end off Feb. and i would expect delivery 2-3 week in March, as this is when we plan to start delivering at volume to the country"

A few minutes later as we typed, he received an email from his line manager and confirmed that...

"Andrew would you believe I've just got an official email confirming the Door cards haha...

So all new orders will be migrated to the New Door cards so you'll be guaranteed these, NO word on a heated steering wheel tho unfortunately
"

So if you've ordered this year with that May delivery, it looks like it should have the new bits on it, and I think we can confirm that this will almost certainly include a heated steering wheel.
I’m not sure how you’ve reached that conclusion when the Tesla rep said they confirmed the door cards but explicitly couldn’t confirm the heated steering wheel.

As has mentioned above by someone who has got a 2021 car - they have the seamless steering wheel but it’s NOT heated (maybe it’ll be switched on in a future update?)

All very confusing, as usual for Tesla.

Hmmmm. Parts catalogue specifically mentions Made In China for the heated steering wheel. I haven't heard of any UK Model 3's being made in China so assume your car isn't, but maybe some parts sourced the same? Or simply a running change not reflected in the parts catalogue yet.

URL="What would/will you pay for heated steering wheel?"]What would/will you pay for heated steering wheel?[/URL]

Yes, all a bit confusing. Mine is a Fremont made car. It’ll be nice if the wheel does turn out to be heated, but I’m not holding my breath. It’d make sense for something like the wheel to be from a single supply chain though.

Yes, all a bit confusing. Mine is a Fremont made car. It’ll be nice if the wheel does turn out to be heated, but I’m not holding my breath. It’d make sense for something like the wheel to be from a single supply chain though.
Would be odd to change the wheel design and then change its manufacturing spec in the space of a couple of months, when you could just move in one iteration, which would be far less work.

I’m not sure how you’ve reached that conclusion when the Tesla rep said they confirmed the door cards but explicitly couldn’t confirm the heated steering wheel.

As has mentioned above by someone who has got a 2021 car - they have the seamless steering wheel but it’s NOT heated (maybe it’ll be switched on in a future update?)

All very confusing, as usual for Tesla.

Well ok, perhaps my wording is off. My own conclusion is that given this steering wheel has appeared in the Model Y as a heated version, and given that the heated wheel has been (or will be) officially announced for China on Model 3 Performance, we could reasonably expect this to make up spec in other territories.

Everyone else is free to draw their own conclusions of course. :)

Worth throwing into the conversation that Tesla have prior of putting standard spec hardware in a car but not enabling it. Take for example, SR+ and its rear heated seats. After a period of time, they became an option that could be software unlocked.

So just because hardware is fitted, doesn't mean that it will be enabled, but it does mean that the option is there.

Reactions: CMc1 and ShadowSix
The 2021 Fremont cars have the same steering wheel manufacturing code in the car config as the 2019 model so I'm not convinced they're heated. But then I've been wrong plenty of times before, lets just say my expectations are low.