Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Struts for Trunk/Frunk Auto-Lift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please let me know what BogeRV said about frunk struts, I'm experiencing the same issue.

Soz Krokk, when a recent post popped up here I realised I never got back to you.... BV didn't respond, after 2 attempts I gave up! Ordered replacements from AO, they were fine until it got really cold, now they mostly don't work on first open, but if you open a second time within a few mins they do seem to operate. I'm in the process of upgrading to an M3P :D and will probs fit them to that, but may be contacting Mr H for the auto frunk option ;)

Reactions: Mr H
Soz Krokk, when a recent post popped up here I realised I never got back to you.... BV didn't respond, after 2 attempts I gave up! Ordered replacements from AO, they were fine until it got really cold, now they mostly don't work on first open, but if you open a second time within a few mins they do seem to operate. I'm in the process of upgrading to an M3P :D and will probs fit them to that, but may be contacting Mr H for the auto frunk option ;)

Hi I've got a pair of original trunk ones removed from a 2 month old m3 by mr H while fitting the electric powered trunk system.
There were no issues with them prior to removal, you can have them for the cost of the postage.

Hi I've got a pair of original trunk ones removed from a 2 month old m3 by mr H while fitting the electric powered trunk system.
There were no issues with them prior to removal, you can have them for the cost of the postage.

That’s very kind of you Yachtsman :cool: I would take you up on the offer, however the LR is off to WBAC in the next week or so..... the M3P is coming :)