Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P air brake ducts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

is there any solution to improve the air flow to front brakes (discs + pads )?
like air ducts some track focused cars have.

i never looked under the car..but i suppose the factory did not think about this.
something like this

Or you can make a deflector to deflect air onto your brakes. I made my own for my subcompact using the same concept not for tracking but just because.
On the M3, there is no doubt one can be made using your imagination to the lower forward control arms, imo.

Here is a pic I found online of this type of mod but not as bulky as one shown the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_3693-X3_2000x.jpg
    IMG_3693-X3_2000x.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: Lindenwood
Or you can make a deflector to deflect air onto your brakes. I made my own for my subcompact using the same concept not for tracking but just because.
On the M3, there is no doubt one can be made using your imagination to the lower forward control arms, imo.

Here is a pic I found online of this type of mod but not as bulky as one shown the pic.
We need a proper air scoop that pushes air to the rotor center.

That would be ideal but the alternative is the deflector.
You remove a heat shield and bake abs sensor cable and dust boot by rotor radiant heat. Performance is low, since radiator fins are inside and not outside of the rotor. And if deflector truly supplies enough air on the rotor - that increases temperature disbalance of rotor sides and accelerates the wear.

I'm not convinced that its a good alternative.

You remove a heat shield and bake abs sensor cable and dust boot by rotor radiant heat. Performance is low, since radiator fins are inside and not outside of the rotor. And if deflector truly supplies enough air on the rotor - that increases temperature disbalance of rotor sides and accelerates the wear.

I'm not convinced that its a good alternative.

That's for each person to decide for themselves as to how efficient they want their setup to be. That will add complexity and cost to go with it.
100% or nothing? Ok.

Here is an idea if this hasn't been discuss already? Attach small DC elecric fans to your brake duct to circulate air to your brakes? I would do this if I were tracking my car.
There has to be room up in the frunk area for a small fan on either side maybe? I will look next time when I have the panel off.