Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P - Intermittent home charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Longshot:

Have TeslaFi schedule a Start Charging every 30 minutes during the night ?

Could do but would rather it worked properly.

Your last two charges in that went to completion so fine - but first short (29 min) one probably not normal. Had you got > 3 hours charging in the past?

Yes, was working perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it was the recent update that has thrown something out?

I've had seamless charging (always at full 32A) until a couple of nights ago, where it took 8h (average 17A according to TeslaFi) to go from 44% to 80% (scheduled start 00:30). Nothing has changed apart from the 2020.4 update, so I do wonder if that's mucked something up. Pretty annoying, but hoping it was a one off.

Update

I disconnected the circuit board as instructed by EO, easy enough to do, and left the car plugged in and scheduled to charge by Teslafi at 12.30am - 04.30am.

The good news is it started at 12.30am :) unfortunately it only chargded for 29 minutes before switching itself off again :-(

Started again at 03.32am and charged until 80%.

Gutted!

I'll give this a go tonight, thanks. The only slight thing is if it does work it means I wont be able to use Teslafi to schedule anymore :-(

View attachment 513008

Hopefully it works for you tonight. Switch sentry mode on before you go to bed, and see if it works using the charger as a dumb charger. If it does then you could use teslafi to wake the car up just before 12:30, and save the loss of energy using sentry mode.

I've had seamless charging (always at full 32A) until a couple of nights ago, where it took 8h (average 17A according to TeslaFi) to go from 44% to 80% (scheduled start 00:30). Nothing has changed apart from the 2020.4 update, so I do wonder if that's mucked something up. Pretty annoying, but hoping it was a one off.
That’s interesting, because the 2020.4 update fixed the intermittent slow charging that I had been getting for months. What charger have you got?

Next update.....

Plugged the car in last night and scheduled it from the car to start charging at 12.45am. I turned all Teslafi schedules off.

It started at 12.45, chatged for 13 minutes then turned itself off.

Started itself at 04.42 and ran for 2hrs 19 mins until at 80%

Still not correct :-(

Spoke to EO earlier, they've asked me to turn off all scheduling at manually start the charging to see how long it charges for.

Fingers crossed!

Next update.....

Plugged the car in last night and scheduled it from the car to start charging at 12.45am. I turned all Teslafi schedules off.

It started at 12.45, chatged for 13 minutes then turned itself off.

Started itself at 04.42 and ran for 2hrs 19 mins until at 80%

Still not correct :-(

Spoke to EO earlier, they've asked me to turn off all scheduling at manually start the charging to see how long it charges for.

Fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear it didn't work, did you set the EO app to Charge Now and not Smart Charge?

I set the car to manually charge last night, no scheduling from the car or teslafi. The circuit board is still disconnected.

It started and stopped 5 times at random times before getting to 80%

Friday 21st

8.39pm - 9.31pm
10.11pm - 11.00pm
1.33pm - 12.32am
4.26am - 5.31am
6.32am - 6.52am (80%)

The only correct charge I've had in the last few days is when I charged using the 3 pin plug lead.

This leads me to beleove it's the EO that's at fault.

Lets see what they say

I set the car to manually charge last night, no scheduling from the car or teslafi. The circuit board is still disconnected.

It started and stopped 5 times at random times before getting to 80%

Friday 21st

8.39pm - 9.31pm
10.11pm - 11.00pm
1.33pm - 12.32am
4.26am - 5.31am
6.32am - 6.52am (80%)

The only correct charge I've had in the last few days is when I charged using the 3 pin plug lead.

This leads me to beleove it's the EO that's at fault.

Lets see what they say
Hopefully you'll get it sorted soon.

As wannabeowner said, try and see if anyone is nearby that would let you try their charger just to confirm it's the EO charger at fault.

That’s interesting, because the 2020.4 update fixed the intermittent slow charging that I had been getting for months. What charger have you got?
I had TeslaFi enabling and disabling Sentry Mode (11pm to 6am) and I think all those API changes over the course of a couple of weeks messed up the car's computer somehow. I did a reboot and it's been perfect ever since. It's been perfect since I got my Rolec (in dumb mode) in December, this was the only instance where it didn't charge at 32A flat out.

Reactions: Roy W.