Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My home charger is limited by the car to 5A charge. For over 3 years I’ve been charging at home on a 32A setting without any issues. My charger is the EO Mini Pro and I’ve been using the Enel app to control charging times on Octopus Go. after an App upgrade the other night I had to reset the timings but it remains set at 32A. The car is limiting the max to 5A. Any ideas why this is? It has been hot recently and I don’t charge every night. I don’t really want to use daytime rates to charge the car.

Hard reset has just seen it recover and car charging normally now.

Last edited:
The car is limiting the max to 5A

If, at some point, the car is set [manually] to reduced rate of charge then (AFAIK) that is persisted, at that location, until changed again.

If a hard reset has cured it then I think "something else" changed its value, and the reset fixed it. Plenty of OTA updates, over the years, have changed a setting "unexpectedly / undocumented" ... so it might just have been a side effect of an update (if it doesn't reoccur)

If, at some point, the car is set [manually] to reduced rate of charge then (AFAIK) that is persisted, at that location, until changed again.

If a hard reset has cured it then I think "something else" changed its value, and the reset fixed it. Plenty of OTA updates, over the years, have changed a setting "unexpectedly / undocumented" ... so it might just have been a side effect of an update (if it doesn't reoccur)
Yes. It looks like a software update upset something. The charger app hasn’t changed from 32A but the Tesla app was stuck on 5A. i had some work done in Glasgow Tesla yesterday and a couple of updates in 24 hours. Fixed now so back to cheap charging tonight.

Reactions: WannabeOwner