Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P replacement tyre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the misfortune of needing to replace a PS4S 20" tyre yet? If so what did you get and who did you get it through?

Just washed the car and found a nail through the shoulder. I'm guessing it's going to be a replacement tyre due to being on/near the sidewall, will ring Tesla tomorrow to see if they can get me a tyre and or tyre/wheel to Wellington for Tuesday but I'm not hedging my bets.

The other option I can think of is a Non acoustic tyre PS4S as every other spec seems to match - load rating, tyre wear ect. But I'm not sure on this.

Worst case is a cheap tyre to get me through Xmas

Screenshot_20191222-185914_Messenger.jpg

Beaurepaires is Tesla recommenced tyre supplier and has tyres in stock. Don't go cheap as it could be dangerous in a sudden emergency stop on wet roads.
Tesla call out service has wheels ready to exchange today/tonight and you pick your wheel up once repaired.

Cheers mate, will call them now and see if they have the ability to deal to a loan wheel tyre down here, and beaurepairs in the morning.

So roadside assist was fruitful with a spare, the guys from supreme turned up with a 19" wheel and tyre last night which we fitted up sweet.

Beaurepairs was a little more fun. The supplier is showing -8 PS4S TO (Tesla spec with the foam) in 235/35r20 so no luck there..... But there are 4 in CHCH at another branch so one is on its way up to me, with no promises of it being here before the 6th, but they're trying hard.

Reactions: CAM3RON
Got the tyre yesterday, much to my and Mr beaurepairs surprise

Tyre was $700 plus the overnight courier cost. Not the cheapest as I've seen the non TO version for $530, but I still have a matched set, all be it one 6000kms newer than the rest and I have the car as it should be for the holidays.

One thing to note, you can really notice the road noise of the spare, so either the PS4S are great, the foam really does work, or both.

Edit: one thing to note, the tyre guy said goop isn't good if you can avoid it as it messes with the foam and ruins the pressure sensors